U2 live in the Gowlett

Oglandia

from, you know, the wiki place....

For many years, Clayton was the only bachelor member of U2. First, Bono married his high school sweetheart Alison Stewart. Then, The Edge married first Aislinn O'Sullivan, going through a stressful divorce during the recording of Achtung Baby, falling in love with and subsequently marrying Morleigh Steinberg, a choreographer and one of the dancers on the Zoo TV Tour. Mullen lives with his longtime girlfriend, Ann Acheson, and their three children. During the early 1990s, Clayton was involved in a relationship with and at one point engaged to British supermodel Naomi Campbell. More recently, he was engaged to marry Suzanne Smith, whom he was planning to marry in the summer of 2007, but broke up in February 2007[3].

TillieTrotter Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I'm afraid I'm with Chrissy boy - love Bitter

> Sweet Symphony - infact The Verve for travelling

> is a must in my car!!!

And you've never felt the need to drive your car in to a wall? ;-)

I remember being at a party in Liverpol when Urban Hymns was at it's most popular. It was played on repeat all night! I believe there were 4 suicides.

Chris Martin has said that if it wasn't for the Verve, there wouldn't have been a Coldplay, which in my bok is another reason to despise them!

Agreed about The Stones thing, made them (Verve) look rather foolish >:D<

Regarding Whine Rock, I always find myself liking the odd singles from the likes of Coldplay, Snow Patrol, Travis etc etc, but trying to listen to an album is just painful! Plus, at least the singers of Snow Patrol and Travis seem like okay blokes. I feel rather sorry for the other members of Coldplay, they all got in it together4 as a band, and whilst it's accepted that the singer gets most attention, in their case they are just Chris Martin's backing band.

With regards Live Aid / Live 8 and all that, it's great that it happened, and great that the bands took part and helped raise so much money. However, when they start trying to get all morally superior, and shout at us to give all we can, that I can't stomach... If they gave all they could, they might really make a difference!

I think you're right, Keef.

Coldplay-bashing is all too easy since they've 'made it'. I remember hearing 'Yellow' and 'The Scientist'. They were good songs.. and they've had others. But if you listen to more than one at a time, you just want to throw them all down a hole and wee on them. Well I do, anyway.

Totally with you guys on that. As it goes early days interviews with Coldplay and they came across really well, even Chris Martin. Of course post 'supergroup' and gwinnie nonsense he's an insufferable arse, but that's the way it goes sometimes.

Funnily enough when a song plays on my work random play at work (about 700 albums) that I think, that's a nice song, it's usually travis or morning runner, but likewise I wouldn't sit through a whole album.

I can smell a couple of music snobs on here. Not suprising really. Although real musicians would appreciate any music whether it was to their taste or not. You have to be pretty gutsy to say you like something thats against popular opinion. Have you notice though that all you music snobs are all agreed on whats good and whats not. Popular music!!!

Not at all, Tillie - quite the opposite.

One of the great things about getting a (bit) older is that you cease giving a hoot about what anyone thinks about what you want to listen to.

Fantastic but unfashionable songs:

The Buggles / Video Killed The Radio Star

Chas n Dave - There Aint No Pleasin' You

Toto / Africa

The Beautiful South / Song For Whoever

Joe Jackson / Be My Number Two

Bon Jovi / Shot Through The Heart

Phil Collins / In The Air Tonight

Boney M / Painter Man

Cliff Richard / Devil Woman

Daniel Bedingfield / If You're Not The One

Dolly and Kenny / We've Got Tonight (the best live duet you will ever hear)

Madness / Michael Caine

ps - I'm not a real musician either. I just make a living from writing music. It's definitely not the same thing.