Free! - Every Session! Fitness & Toning on the Rye - Sat @10am 16 to 60+

Lynz, Alice & Soph and everyone else.

Remember the ladies who joined me last year and insisted on doing 3-sets of 20 Reps...., and I repeatedly said that deep squats are sooooooo deceptive. The couldn't walk for days.

I have to say, I haven't done them in a group for a while and even I felt it, but I cycled through it yesterday, and had a run with a swim this lunchtime and all is back to normal.

BTW, I have a French lady who wants to join us so the languages will really start to build up now.

Only one session away from wearing Purple!

Best!

McCabe.

Hi guys,

I will have more of the T-shirts available on Saturday, 2-sessions under your belt and they are FREE issue. But remember, while stocks last :-)

Christmas Do....

The Black Cherry would like to offer their facilities for a Christmas Do :-). Lets talk about this on Saturday and perhaps pencil a date for late Nov before the big rush starts?

Will send out the usual rah rah email tomorrow afternoon :-)

And the legs....... are they all recovered now?

McCabe.

Mel C,

Great to hear from you, and... hope you get better soon!

Team, the weather is looking a bit cooler for the weekend, this will be good to get the pulse rate higher without the body temp raising too much!

Two nice plastic bottles of water for the arm toning, and the usual meeting for 10am on Saturday by the Rye caf?.

See you there!

McCabe.

Autumn fitness schedule started today, we are looking at a good 600 Calorie burn!

Languages used today for squats, sit-up etc.....

French

Spanish

German

Russian

Arabic

Irish

Aussie, and of course....

English!

And for the workout:

Warm up

Stretching

CV

Arm & Shoulder toning (using water bottles)

Static pulse raising

Sprinting (optional)

Walking lunges

Double leg stretch with 30 sec planks

100 sit-ups / 5 sets of 20 (while smiling)

Deep squats

Jumping squats

Dips, squats & press ups

Adductor jogging (side way jogging - 3 each side)

Antagonist / Retro jogging (backwards)

Stretch down

Chi Gung, and.....

Tea / coffee.

And Free 'Proj London Health' T-shirts / jackets (limited stock left)

McCabe

Good job to all

G'day SFHYF,

Yes, the German starts lesson-1 this Tuesday and is a fun accelerated course of just 6-weeks, but achievable in less. It works on meaningful sentences rather than months and months of grammar and detail, so by the end of the first session you will have 20-key sentences which you can also chop and change.

Edith is an excellent teacher, and being German gives that excellent support.

For the past 3-weeks we have been working on phrases associated with exercise as a great way to learn is with passion about something. Prior to this, I'v never studied German before. After 6-weeks, we will follow the same structure in either French, Spanish, Italian or Russian. Einatmen und Ausatmen (breathe in and out).

I'll copy this over to the language thread too :-)

It's Free, but nice to buy Edith a cider :-)

McCabe

I run youth workshops for London Bubble at the mo, covering a maternity place. Can I join afterwards? It would mean missing the first two sessions!

What a great idea(tu). My boyfriend is German and it has been three years so about time really I learn. Worst thing of all is when I was at secondary school, I turned my nose up at German choosing French and Spanish instead, saying that it was a useless language unlike the other two and I probably won't ever go to Germany so will never need to learn it! Never say never eh?????

Excellent, very funn to read :-)

Could you put a message on the language thread and that way I can keep everyone updated in realtime.

Sometimes, its nice to do something different to norm, and what started out as a bit of fun in Twickenham counting in a few languages has turned into a great show of languages on Peckham Rye.

No worries about missing a couple of weeks, I'm designing these so they are full on fun, learn what you need to a Level 2, and then ustilise what you have learnt. Then after 6-weeks, swap to another language but using the same format so you know exactly where you are heading.

German and cider goes really well :)-D

McCabe

Morning all!

This is the usual wake up call to rally you troops for tomorrow morning :-) The weather is set to be Sunny, 17C and hardly even a breeze, you couldn't ask for more!

In addition to the email during the week, I have also now added on Katie who use to be part of the group when her babe was I think just a couple of months old, and also Tom who heads up the fundraising for St Christophers Hospice.... See the 3Km & 5Km below.

Arm & shoulder toning - using bottles of water

Select the plastic water bottle size that best suits you, the stubby 1 Ltr bottles or the smaller 75CL bottles. We cover 300 Reps in arm & shoulder toning and thats before we even get into the park.

If there is anyone not in purple yet and have attended two sessions, I will have some sets with me (T-shirts & Jackets....mainly all Medium size), and have some T-shirts too of varying sizes

See you guys in the morning :-)

McCabe

ps. Whatever you do, don't ask me about the film I went to see on Sunday, 'Johnny English'

Salut Elvyne et Tom!

21 in the group today and...... rising! It's good to see everyone in Purple, awesome!

So, next week we will have another gentle twist...... But you will have to wait and see.

Other News

Languages: German starts this Tues 7-30pm at ED Tavern, only 6-weeks with a cut-to-the-chase method. French will be next, followed by Spanish, Italian and then as a challenge Russian. They are 30-min sessions, I've prep'd Lessons 1 to 3. Does anyone know someone who can help with Italian? We have native or educated teachers in the other languages :-))

McC

Anything else on the horizon? Yep, guitar groups, cut to the quick cord progressions such as Cold Play fav's and others!

Oh yes, and knitting...... Only joking, I always drop stitches :-)