Random door bell ringing tonight

deedee75

A very well deliverd piece...not sure i seen "pikies" on that list!!! Is that not how you described 'them' in the zippo circus thread? Not sure you'd find that description in haringey councils information on Gypsies.

My point really is that you have a very negative and narrow view of circus professionals...as if in their spare time, all they can do is knock on the door of local residents to sell dish cloths or rob them! I have spotted your zippo circus remarks in 3 threads. I have never really felt compelled to get to involved with threads, but your comments are incredibly predjudice, and more so, slanderous. Get over it, the circus is just a circus...not a den of artful dodgers, dasterdly faggins, armed robbers or harber women you need to cross palms with silver coins. It has budgies and ponies....or is that mearly facade? Talk about killjoy.

FYI the circus EMPLOYS very talented artists from around the world and the entourage needed to tranport them. These days you can even do a degree in Circus skills and management. There are circus schools. Are Cirque Du Soleil the bandits you describe? The modern circus is a profession and business like any other employing performers that have far more talent than you can ever hope to have.

You are talking bs as usual.

Pearson Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> That's right. I have very little regard for

> Gypsies, Pikies, Travelers whatever you wish to

> call them.

You know Pearson, I have very little regard for saddo fatty crinklies who have failed in life and want to blame everyone else for their troubles. Like you.

Or do you think you belong in a different pigeon-hole? Like track-suited alcoholic wasters, for example?

• 3 weeks later...

We had our doorbell rung repeatedly for a number of minutes just after 2am on Saturday morning (Goodrich Road). We tried ignoring it as it was so late at night but eventually my boyfriend went down to see what all the fuss was about. As soon as he turned the main hall light on and shouted 'Who's there?' the ringing stopped and when he opened the door there was no one there, although he didn't venture out into the street to see if there was anyone running away. The same thing happened again at 5.20 this morning.

The rational side of my brain thinks that we may just be on the same doorbell frequency as someone else on the street but it's slightly unnerving that both times the ringing stopped when he shouted through the door :-(

Any thoughts on whether this is the sort of thing that should be reported to the police? It may be malicious but could equally be a dodgy doorbell so I don't want to waste anyone's time!

Hi Shell_8,

I can think of many reasonable reasons for this.

Equally, when we had a forcible entry by kicking the front door in I'd ignored repeated door belling ringing.

Ringing the doorbell is a great way to see if someone is home or not.

It can do no harm to email our East Dulwich Safer Neighbourhood Team (assuming you live in East Dulwich ward) on [email protected]

your experiences and they'll decide whether it fits a pattern or not.