Christmas comes early to Sainsbury's DKH

Gavin

Its no wonder I feel life is flying by, as soon as the summer has past, we are propelled straight towards xmas, there is Halloween & Bonfire night before then, and more than likely other celebrations that i cant think off. I love xmas, but i feel it been over stretched, and in doing so, it feels like i lose a couple of months of other life !!

You'd hate to know what I've been doing all week then..

Some bars up Leicester Sq already have their tree's up. Now that is stupid in my book, but presents on the shelf doesn't bother me. Just shut your eyes for the first aisle of Sainsburys I suppose..

I was in Selfridges on Monday and had a nice little wander round their Christmas shop. It's all if you build it, they will come stuff - they wouldn't if we didn't, so we've only ourselves to blame. I've seen research that says that some people start their Christmas shopping in July.

That said, I'm surprised more hasn't been made of Halloween. We're getting all American and ting - it's now the 3rd biggest sales opportunity of the year for the supermarkets. Bring on the pumpkins.

Even if you believe all the bible twaddle, you'd have to argue that it wasn't his birth that saved the world, but what he did afterwards.

Regardless, as any fule no, Christmas is mainly derived from the pagan mid-winter festival - conveniently hijacked by early politicians.

BUT - you can't knock 'goodwill to all men' etc.