The London Fitted Wardrobe Co. - Julian Richards

jer207

Hi all,

Adding my voice to the positive reviews for Julian here. He liaised with us over designs for a walk-in wardrobe, a cupboard and two different sets of drawers then went ahead and built/fitted them skilfully and promptly. Easy and likeable person to work with! This was all just before Covid-19 and the units are doing just fine over a year later.

• 3 months later...

We've just had Julian build a wardrobe into an alcove in our flat and are delighted with the results.

Julian is a skilled carpenter with a friendly manner, and was happy to accommodate our requests and use his knowledge and experience to advise us on various details. We had an initial consultation but a lot was figured out on the job. Great to have such flexibility and also great value for money.

Contact details are:

Julian Richards

07931 520713

• 3 months later...

Hi all,

We have recently had two sets of wardrobes and a window bay seat constructed by Julian and we have been thoroughly impressed with the quality and workmanship. Julian is a lovely guy to have around and is extremely easy going which made the few days that he was with us a total joy.

We can't recommend Julian enough and won't hesitate to suggest his services to all our family and friends.

Attached are a few photos of the finished product.

Contact details:

Julian Richards

07931 520 713

[email protected]

• 1 month later...

Julian just built two alcove wardrobes for us in our spare bedroom. I am absolutely delighted with the quality of the workmanship - they really elevate the room (and of course practically provide masses of useful storage). Julian was wonderful to work with - completely reliable, punctual, tidy, and kept us involved in all the decisions along the way. He is clearly an expert in what he does, giving us lots of useful suggestion, and above all an incredibly nice and friendly guy! I?d recommend him in an instant to anyone looking for carpenter and wardrobe / cupboard work.

Contact details

Julian Richards

07931 520713

[email protected]

• 2 months later...

Julian has just built a fitted wardrobe and also a bookshelf for us. He's a great carpenter and we're very pleased with the work. His communication is very good and will discuss different options with you and ensure the design is thought through carefully. Highly recommend him!

Julian Richards

[email protected]

Julian is great! We asked him to do some fitted bedroom wardrobes.....then some in-built shelves..and then a shelf/cupboard combo in the dining room. Which should be a good indication of what we think of his work. He's fast, straight talking, and the quality of his carpentry work is exceptional. He really listens to what you want, and advises based on experience. Very happy. Go Julian!

Julian Richards

The London Fitted Wardrobe Co.

Mob: 07931 520 713

• 2 weeks later...

I would also like to add my voice to this thread, Julian completed fitted wardrobes and units in both my bedrooms for me and did a great job. He?s really honest in what he can do and what works in the space you have offering some great ideas for design and works really fast.

Really good at communicating with you before, during and after and was a pleasure to have in my home for the week

The finished article is fantastic, really makes the rooms and I have SO much storage now - I don?t know how I managed without all of it before!

Highly recommend!!!!

• 3 months later...

Julian just finished fitting wardrobes, drawers and a bookcase in our bedroom and hallway.

We were very impressed with his professionalism, communication and craft. He made excellent suggestions to better the end product, at no added cost. We were also blown away with the speed he works at, with no compromise to the quality of the finish - there isn't a straight wall in our home, but everything is fitted to perfection.

We'll be finding more projects for him to work on and look forward to welcoming him back.

Contact him on:

Julian Richards

07931 520 713

• 2 weeks later...

Julian has recently finished a wonderful cupboard and shelving unit for us. He was an absolute pleasure to work with, really professional and a genuinely lovely guy. Our shelves are somewhat non standard and he managed to interpret

our vision and build a bespoke and unique piece of furniture.

Very happy to send photos if you would like to see more and would highly recommend Julian?s carpentry and design skills.

Anna

• 3 months later...

I would like to add another recomendation for Julian. He recently done 4 alcoves, 2 bedroom cupboards and a fantastic walk-in wardrobe.

Julian is very knowlegable and clearly love what he's doing. He work with us throughout the process, giving us ideas and expertise all the time. A very lovely guy to have around the house and we have so many lovely comments from other tradesmen about his work.

Julian Richards

The London Fitted Wardrobe Co.

Mob: 07931 520 713

• 3 months later...

Julian built me a bespoke fitted wardrobe in our spare room. He had a slanting roof to deal with hence needing it to be bespoke.

Highly recommend Julian’s work, he was very well prepared, good communication and made some good recommendations on how to make best use of the space and configuration. The finished product looks excellent.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all - another recommendation for Julian Richard’s. This is the second time he’s done work for us (first time he made some cupboards in the bedroom). This time he came up with great storage solutions in both the living room (for shoes /coats), and in our office. Really skilled carpenter- helpful, efficient, and reliable! We get many compliments on them so highly recommend 😊

• 3 weeks later...

We're so happy our neighbours gave us Julian's number to fit our bedroom alcove wardrobes. They are perfect!

Julian is great at communication - getting you booked in and helping you design what works best in your space as he's extremely experienced. He's also direct and upfront about prices and he sticks to them. It was a pleasure having him around for the 3-4 days it took. And the final product is perfect. He also have lots of support and direction for us as we planned on painting them ourselves, and that's been really appreciated too - the "after care". Thanks Julian!

IMG_7593.jpg.71e97ee2c597f1eaa95fc08af84fba3f.jpg

IMG_7592.jpg.1eedc04354a5a3b586d37e23e4a632d4.jpg

IMG_7591.jpg.1bb660bb1e17b3391c06321e5e4e11e7.jpg

IMG_7589.jpg.b5f0dabfe542089ac6be641c161a5643.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

My name is Julian Richards, and I build fitted furniture for a living.

I have been doing carpentry work in and around the Dulwich area for 15 years. I specialize in building fitted wardrobes, alcove units, cupboards desks, floating shelves, bookcases, studies, entertainment units, under stairs cupboards etc.

I see my role as more than just a carpenter. I try to understand what feel my clients are trying to achieve, and work with them, making suggestions where necessary, to reach an end point they are happy with. As a "1 man band" I can ensure each client gets the personal touch. I keep plans flexible throughout, meaning that any changes of plan can easily be accommodated. I am clean and efficient in the way I carry out my work, and certainly won't turn your life upside down while I am there. And I take pride in leaving all my clients happy at the end of each project.

If you would like a good idea on cost, give me a ring on 07931 520 713, or send me your contact details. If you tell me what you're planning, I will be able to give you a fairly accurate idea on the phone. I am based in Beckenham, so can come to quote anytime if you'd prefer.

Julian Richards

44 Kings Hall Road-10_Original.jpg

IMG_9505.jpg

a55712e3-880d-4fb3-a1fa-58f4895a0d52.JPG

d070b505-0873-4d00-9999-eebd4d6cd9e8.JPG

aa1625e8-7e23-469f-9820-81adc898c452.JPG

464776db-274c-4a5f-b498-40594ec770d0.JPG

Diana1.JPG

IMG_1963.jpg

IMG_1527.JPG

44 Kings Hall Road-10_Original.jpg

IMG_6387.JPG

IMG-20180117-WA0001.JPG

IMG_3060.JPG

IMG_3058.JPG

IMG_0069.JPG

IMG_8302.jpg

IMG_8303.jpg

IMG_0938.JPG

Just to post a recommendation for a top carpenter, Julian (07931520713). He's recently done some cupboards and book shelves in our house in Peckham and done a beautiful job. Really top quality work, solid and clean construction, and all fitted in a house that has virtually no straight angles. 

He's a lovely guy and has done fantastically working around us and planning everything while we're both working at home with a little baby. Start and finish dates and pricing were all exactly as promised. 

We couldn't recommend him highly enough. 

• 4 weeks later...

Julian built a new fitted 5 door wardrobe for us last week. We are delighted with it and the whole process was extremely smooth. Julian is very easy to talk to, quickly came up with a design that worked and kept our bedroom tidy throughout. All was delivered to the timescales and budget we agreed. 

I’d definitely recommend him! Contact details: Julian Richards, 07931 520713.

Updated my previous post with photos of the wardrobes now painted. Very pleased!

IMG_4094.jpeg

IMG_4093.jpeg

Edited by cornflowerdimension

• 3 months later...

Julian built two sets of fitted wardrobes and two alcove units for my Victorian apartment. He did an excellent job. He used high-quality wood, finished ahead of time and charged a very reasonable price. He's personable and did everything he could to get the wardrobes and units just as I'd like them. Now they're finished they look fantastic and have transformed each of the rooms they're in. I would have no hesitation in recommending Julian and am sure I will have him back again to build me something else at some point in the near future.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Another recommendation for Julian! He just completed some fitted wardrobes for me. He gave a really reasonable quote and was very patient in the face of my many questions. I felt that he really thought about what would work best in the space, rather than just proposing something generic. As such, I think he's really maximised the space (far more than I'd have thought possible) and I'm very pleased with the result. 

Genuinely a really nice guy, I found him to be very responsive and he was happy to jump on a call to chat everything through: his phone number is 07931 520713 and email is [email protected]

Another recommendation for Julian - he recently undertook a number of projects for me, firstly fitting out my son’s bedroom with a whole wall of bespoke units including triple wardrobe, chest of drawers, desk and shelves. He also reorganised my office with a lovely desk, filing drawers and cupboards. He’s a pleasure to deal with as he’s very organised and tidy and worked around my builders at the time. Most importantly the quality of his work is excellent and he’s always transparent in pricing.

with leftover materials he also put in a few shelves for a linen cupboard and replaced some rotten bathroom cabinet doors.

My name is Julian Richards, and I build fitted furniture for a living.

I have been doing carpentry work in and around the Dulwich area for 15 years. I specialize in building fitted wardrobes, alcove units, cupboards desks, floating shelves, bookcases, studies, entertainment units, under stairs cupboards etc.

I see my role as more than just a carpenter. I try to understand what feel my clients are trying to achieve, and work with them, making suggestions where necessary, to reach an end point they are happy with. As a "1 man band" I can ensure each client gets the personal touch. I keep plans flexible throughout, meaning that any changes of plan can easily be accommodated. I am clean and efficient in the way I carry out my work, and certainly won't turn your life upside down while I am there. And I take pride in leaving all my clients happy at the end of each project.

If you would like a good idea on cost, give me a ring on 07931 520 713, or send me your contact details. If you tell me what you're planning, I will be able to give you a fairly accurate idea on the phone. I am based in Beckenham, so can come to quote anytime if you'd prefer.

Julian Richards

• 2 weeks later...

Julian recently completed a couple of carpentry projects for us and I am happy to recommend his work very highly.  
He constructed and installed a built-in wardrobe in our loft and his clever design made maximum use of a tricky space and had a cool minimalist look that suits the room.  He also did a pair of fireplace alcove units which again were technically very good but have a more classical style and look like they were built with house.
Julian is a great carpenter and it’s been a pleasure to work with him through the project.