The London Fitted Wardrobe Co. - Julian Richards

jer207

Another recommendation for Julian Richards. We contacted Julian last year about fitted wardrobes. He was quick to respond and thorough during the site visit and quotation. We changed our minds quite a lot during the process and Julian was excellent at responding. Julian worked efficiently and to deadlines, always checking in with us and asking our advice. A lovely person to have in your house (we even trusted him with a key which I never do). All in all a brilliant carpenter for wardrobes and other things and we cannot recommend him enough.

Another recommendation for Julian.

Julian built us two fitted wardrobes in the bedroom alcoves, and alcove cupboards and floating shelves in our living room.

The quality of his work is brilliant - and has received high praise from our decorator. I really appreciated his advice on how to make the best use of the space, and the proportions of each element.

Julian was a pleasure to deal with, with great communication throughout, and kept the place nice and tidy during the project.

Originally found Julian via this board while searching for a local carpenter who could build us some bespoke Wardrobes into a fairly awkward shaped room, and have to give an absolutely glowing recommendation.

Came in at a fraction of what we were quoted by a 'name' wardrobe maker and was a pleasure to deal with - will be using again shortly for a sitting room project

• 3 months later...
Julian has just finished fitting fabulous new wardrobes in our bedroom, created bespoke bedside cabinets and redesigned our study. Would recommend him without hesitation. His creativity in maximising the space was great, the quality of work excellent and attention to detail impressive. Julian was really diligent, taking great care to ensure precise measurements even to the millimetre to ensure that the erratic angles of our floors and ceilings didn't compromise the look of straight lines. Julian is a great communicator to ensure that you are kept informed during the project and can make decisions with him as you go. Open and transparent in his pricing, reliable and thorough, very happy to recommend him.

• 3 weeks later...

Another shout out for Julian Richards. He has just finished our fitted wardrobe, floating shelves and drawers for a kid?s bedroom and some large fitted shelves in our hallway.

Julian was extremely professional and knows his trade exceptionally well. He was happy to accommodate last minute changes, was friendly, tidy and extremely hardworking and finished the project very quickly without compromising the quality of the finish.

We will be looking to use him again in the future and would highly recommend him for any carpentry job.

• 3 months later...

Another shout out for the excellent Julian Richards.

Fantastic work, a really great carpenter.

Built in wardrobes with design advice that both maximise storage space and look fantastic

Clean, timely works and great value for money in comparison to other quotes received. I?ll be using him next for kitchen cupboards

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi there,

I?m afraid I?m on holiday at the moment, enjoying the last of the Turkish summer sun. Sorry I haven?t responded yet, but my son has smashed the the screen to my phone. This means I have no access to text messages/ WhatsApp until I return and get my screen replaced. I have sparse access to email (relying on WiFi and access to my wife?s phone) but generally intend to respond to all enquiries upon my return on 3rd November.

Sorry for any delays, but I?m sure you appreciate the unusual situation.

Julian

• 2 months later...

Hi All,

I would like to recommend Julian Richards as a great local carpenter. He created lovely fitted shelving, cupboards and wardrobes in our house. Very professional guy with very appropriate creative ideas and high quality work!

Happy to be contacted if anyone has questions.

Thanks, Mel

• 2 weeks later...

Julian has recently built large floor to ceiling wardrobes for us (negotiating a tricky corner - with creative suggestions for the use of the space) and also some floating shelves in the alcoves.

He is an excellent carpenter, completed the work on time and was a pleasure to deal with.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Julian completed a pair of floor to ceiling wardrobes in our house which have changed our life! They look great, hold masses of stuff and are really solid.

Julian really knows what he?s doing. He knows what will look good and is very attentive to your brief. He is utterly reliable and an excellent carpenter - unpaused by the idiosyncrasies of old houses and misshapen walls.

I?d recommend him unreservedly and we?ll definitely use him again.

A pic of his work attached and his number is 07931 520713.

Very happy to add my voice to the recommendations for Julian Richards above.

I had to wait a fair while for Julian to become available to fit my wardrobes, testament to his popularity on here!

But it was worth the wait, and TBF gave me plenty of time to decide on the layout / design / handles.

I have a LOT of clothes and I'm VERY fussy but Julian was happy to oblige.

I also wanted something slightly different to suit my 30s semi, more art deco rather than Victorian or Shaker style cupboards.

Julian was very helpful in making suggestions and came back after the decorator had painted to make a couple of adjustments to account for my lanky height & flowing clothes!

I've not posted before so I'll add a photo if I can figure out how...

London Fitted Wardrobe Co number: 07931 520713

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Julian,

My husband and I are looking to get high quality alcoves either side of a fireplace in our living room. Obviously we wouldn't want this until post-lockdown, but would be great to discuss this with you in preparation. Shall I send photos / any other info to you directly?

• 3 weeks later...

We would also like to echo all the excellent feedback above for Julian Richards. We hired based on this forum and he certainly met our expectations.

He built two floor to ceiling wardrobes for us - one in an alcove and one across a whole wall. He was very helpful regarding design and his carpentry was excellent. He was totally un-bothered by the somewhat wonky walls of our house, reliable and finished on time. We are delighted with the results.

He also built some floating shelves either side of a fireplace which are also excellent.

Highly recommended.

I posted a message recommending Julian and his excellent cupboards and wardrobes a couple of months ago. Just repeating my enthusiasm for his work - high quality, solid, well designed and reliable - and adding some more photos of a wardrobe and shelves he did for our sons? bedroom last year.

Do contact him on 07931 520713 If you want something similar.

• 2 weeks later...
Julian did an outstanding job for us last year fitting wardrobes in our bedroom, building bespoke bed side cabinets and creating a study. He came back a couple of weeks ago to do a smaller job creating a new cupboard unit. Would recommend him without hesitation. He has an incredible eye for detail, knows how to maximise space, comes up with creative solutions and is meticulous in his work. He listens carefully to what you want, comes up with great ideas and he's a really nice guy.

We just want to say a big thank you to Julian, who's just completed our bedroom wardrobes, and living room cupboards with shelving. We are absolutely over the moon with everything. He is highly skilled, and would 100% recommend him. A seriously great job.

Also, whilst he was here, he helped me build a garden fence, that was totally unplanned. I wasn't really sure what I was doing, and he basically did 99% of the work (which I took the credit for later on).

We will be contacting Julian Richards again, any need for a carpenter, this is a great find. Thank you.

Jack and Olivia

• 3 months later...

We recently used Julian to build wardrobes in two of our bedrooms. He did a very professional job, was neat and tidy and was done quickly. He talked us through our options prior to starting, and once agreed, he ensured we were kept involved with any key decisions throughout. I believe the job was priced fairly too. Overall it was a very smooth process, and I'd recommend Julian to anyone wanting a decent carpenter. His number is 07931 520 713

Dan & Zuzi

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Another recommendation for Julian. He built a bookcase and some floating shelves for me last year and they look brilliant. Solidly made and he managed to get everything done in one day. He arrived on time and was a pleasure to deal with. He was clean and tidy and fairly priced too compared to some other quotes I received. I'd definitely use him again.