A general thread to discuss Trump

intexasatthe moment

I know ( sort of ! ) it seems that the proposal is that any immigrant who has committed an illegal act ( like entering the country without authorisation ) or has been charged with a crime can be deported via the expedited route ( no hearing allowed I think ) .

So that seems excessively scary . Tho I might be wrong .And I don't think it's been approved yet ? White House advisors still working on it ?

Mutterings from ICE that if every case is a priority for deporting ,then none are a priority .

The BBC tonight says memos have been issued and funding will be sought from Congress to provide enforcement.

What Trump will find is that following a rule of this kind (the memos only apply to those who have broken the law) will be his undoing (assuming he does not go totalitarian). And he will not be able to understand why.

My understanding is that they don't need to have broken the law

"the memos provide Immigrations and Customs Enforcement (Ice) agents with the ability to effectively target any US non-citizen who has either been convicted of any sort of crime, has simply been accused of a crime, has carried out minor fraud or is, in the assessment of an Ice officer, ?a risk to public safety" "

"The department will now be allowed to target any undocumented immigrant who has been in the country up to two years for ?expedited removal? ? meaning a removal that does not need to be authorized by the court."

A rather unsuccessful Trump protest...

A call was made to boycott Wegmans Food Markets until it stopped selling Trump-branded wines at its Virginia store. ?Let?s demonstrate through economic action that the residents and business owners of Charlottesville will not stand for the hatred espoused by Eric Trump and those like him,? the Stop Trump Wine website reads.

Wegmans Food Markets are now reporting to have completely sold out of Trump wines. They say they won?t have any more for a few weeks until they have a chance to stock back up, so I suppose protest has sort of stopped them selling Trump wine.

Are we at the #DonaldFatigue moment yet

I know he's POTUS and all that, but I'm getting to the 'really' stage here, much like after episode 1 of Grand Tour.

Maybe him in a cage wrestle with Putin, or playing golf with grenades would whet my appetite.

And the Kim Jong-Un death squad kinda out trumped Trump by some measure.

Meh!

DulwichFox Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Is Donald Trump's hair real. It never seems to

> change. Is it a toupee ? Is it a comb over / comb

> forward ?

I read that it's likely to be a triple comb-over. So the hair on the upper back the head is left to grow long, and then combed forward. And then the hair from each side of the head is combed sideways and forwards, criss-crossing over the top. He must have someone doing it for him every morning.. it probably takes ages!

Amnesty campaign against new travel ban signed today - Send an e-mail to the White House to protest the ban:

https://www.amnesty.org.uk/actions/donald-trump-new-travel-muslim-refugee-ban?from=issue&utm_source=Email&utm_medium=Mass&utm_campaign=Human_Rights&utm_content=Trump_ban_parttwo_v1&utm_campaign=Trump_New_Ban_v1&utm_source=emailCampaign&utm_content=&utm_medium=email

'President Trump's new travel ban goes into effect in just 10-days. Act now to block it. View email online

Fight Trump's Muslim Ban

The day we dreaded is here.

Just now President Trump has signed another Executive Order - banning people from several Muslim-majority countries, suspending the refugee program, and slashing the number of refugees who are allowed into the US when it restarts.

Make no mistake: This new version is just another attempt at a Muslim ban - denying people based on who they are, not what they?ve done.

Let?s fight it with everything we?ve got, just like we did last time.

Tell President Trump to stop this ban and to protect human rights

Email the White House

"This replacement order is the same hate and fear with new packaging. It will cause extreme fear and uncertainty for thousands of families by, once again, putting anti-Muslim hatred into policy. No amount of editing can make this executive order anything but what it is ? blatant bigotry."

Margaret Huang, executive director of Amnesty International USA

Email the White House

This new order is inhumane, short-sighted and against all of our shared values.

That?s why we need to put global pressure on the White House - and we need to do it fast, before more lives are torn apart.

Help us make enough noise that they can?t ignore us.

Stand up for human rights - email the White House now

Thank you for your tireless support,

Laura Trevelyan

Priority Campaign Manager

Amnesty International UK'

You have to laugh at Amnesty. Not 'here's the White House email address - go get 'em', but 'email them via our website (oh, and gives us your mobile while you're at it) so we can hound you for money for the next 200 years or so'.

Never one to miss a fundraising opportunity.

IlonaM Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> There's no obligation to part with your phone

> number or your precious dosh!

You could also avoid being constantly harassed for said dosh if you just email the White House directly: [email protected]

Though I understand he spends more time on Twitter, so you may have more luck there.

Listened to the guy who got removed from the plane by US customs on Sky News today.

He had a classic South West Wales / Swansea accent - I wonder whether the US Officers had no idea what accent it was as it's very obviously different.