Stretch mark cream/oil recommendation

pilsbury

None of these products have been proven to be clinically effective. Chose one that has a nice smell, take pleasure in looking after yourself and just pray for the best. Ask your mum if she got stretch marks. Consider your colouring. Do you have sisters? Did they get stretch marks? It is all do do with your skin type and your genes.

Good luck.

thanks for all the tips and comments - haven't told my mum just yet as only just had my 12 wk scan (seeing her on tues though - eek!) so will be sure to ask her! I think a combo of bio oil + palmers (then i can spread the cost too!) should work then, will get some this week. thanks again girls!

I started with Vitamin E cream twice a day for about 3 weeks then gave up through laziness. I drank gallon upon gallon on water and don't have a single stretch mark on me. Water is apparently good preventive measure for stretch marks and good for the skin and hydration too.

Hi pilsbury,:))

Trilastin!

Trilastin is used mainly on stretch mark removal, but it also applies to all scars. It isn't like some creams that you placed it on the part where you want to "hide" (I meant hide since most of all creams/lotions are just for covering it or like whitening the part) that nasty scar, but Trilastin "gets RID" of that scar.

Let me give you an account of experience, A friend of mine, Melissa, used it when she just delivered her baby the stretch marks that appeared, though Trilastin prevents stretch marks from appearing too ( she hasn't got the knowledge till she gave birth), and applied it> the result = gone.

A certain dude friend of mine, Gregor, went biking when he hit some tree ( plain stupid since the way is out of obstacle) and got himself some large bruises on his face, he then got scary looking scars.

Melissa endorsed Trilastin to Gregor and he tried it. The result was stunning! Gregor's face is renewed ( not that renewed as in born again), like his never got any scars before.

I am just saying my opinion. It is up to you to trust me on this, but Trilastin is safe since its component is made up of 100% amino acids. Trilastin got a unique structural protein complex which contains: Soy protein, Collagen, High potency elastin = the needed needed for skin to be able to deal with stretch marks and "Scars".

I hope I have given you an idea here.

Just stating my opinion, am not endorsing but a friend of mine tried it. I haven't been married yet and I have no stretch marks, and do hope I won't have if I did gave birth.

God Bless!

By the way, HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

Janice :-$

I didn't get stretch marks first pregnancy, but did second time around :'( I definitely stretched more this time! I would just moisturise as much as possible and use almond or coconut oil straight after the bath or shower, but I don't think you can really do much to deter them if you're going to get them. At least mine faded as soon as baby was out.

On another note, I reAlly stupidly had a hot bAth last night and didn't think until this morninG that maybe that mightn't be the best thing for the baby. Am really really annoyed at myself for being so stupid, I think because I've spent the last twelve weeks trying to hide from everyone thAt I was pregnant, I still sometime forget myself :(

having looked around a few sites this morning am now worried sick that I have harmed The baby. Is it worth telling my midwife do you think? Sorry if this is a stupid question... :(

I'm a sucker for a hot bath, had lots during both pregnancies I'm sure it's fine (think of pregnant women in much hotter climates).

It's very normal to worry about this stuff, especially first time around, but try not to as actually stress / worry is the worst thing for baby. Relaxed Mummy in the bath is good. ;-)

Xx

pilsbury - i enjoyed regular hot baths during both pregnancies with no problems. try and resist the urge to google your concerns as IME it never provides the reassurance you're seeking, quite the opposite - i wound myself up into many a frenzy in my first pregnancy!

Good luck and enjoy!

I had hot baths too, lovely and relaxing.

As for stretch marks, might just be genetics, but I put loads of bio-oil on my tummy and none on my boobs, which is where I got the stretch marks. Second time round put oil everywhere and no stretch marks. It's worth a try... Also used to put my son's oilatum in my bath.

Thinking that a bunch of us should get together and I can teach you how to make a massage oil, including a massage candle ( aka a warming body lotion) and a whipped body souffle...

The properties of oils and butters have different 'effects' / results on our skin ( though as dulwich mum said, none have been clinically tested)- also taking into consideration that our skin will prefer different products also - so we could make products specifically to your wants and needs.

This is what I had in mind...

- A group of like minded people who love natural products and want to know what exactly they are putting on their skin but do not necessarily want to pay the high price tag associated with handmade/natural products

-Lots of lovely ingredients such as: Cocoa butter, Shea butter, Avocado oil, sweet almond oil, coconut oil etc...

-Different packaging options ( All of which will be able to be re-used or recycled)

-A selection of my 'Almost edible' products for you to buy

Let me know what you thoughts are on this and what you feel you would want to pay.

Kate x