Bigger TV or a projector? Help!

ce2011

Any advice would be much appreciated. I have a lovely 32 inch Samsung TV, which is still serving me very well from 2007, BUT I'm considering getting something bigger for movie nights (especially with Kodi!). I'm thinking of getting a projector and keeping my TV would be better than buying a bigger one, however I'm not too sure about the logistics of a projector. I think I would need a pull down screen and projector as I don't want to have a white wall and have egg coloured textured wall paper. Having a brief look around the price for a screen (60inch) and projector would be the same as a bigger size TV.

Any thoughts and/or recommendations?

Thanks,

Camille

Hi if you can then go for the projector, how textured is the wallpaper? The wall does not need to be white, if you get a bright enough projector then actually a darker wall works out better because if you have any ambient light in the room then the picture can seem washed out.

Aim to get a projector over 2000 lumens in brightness. And use a short throw one if possible this allows you to put it close to the wall and still get a large image. Optima do some decent ones for low cost. Make sure you factor in the price of replacement lamps these usually last about 2000 hours

Projectors need the right environment to shine. If it is anything less than very dark in the room your picture will look waehed out. Plus you have to hang the thing. Pull down screen etc.

Go for a new TV. TVs these days sre incredibly good for the money.

We have an old, by todays technology, projector, as it has an expensive to replace BULB. we do not have a screen, it shows on a cream wall. Yes it must be dark for it to work. If you get a new projector Ive been told they do LED ones now. The novelty of the projector wore off as the size of our tv increased .... and the faffing about, perhaps that is just us though ... I was usually agitated or grumpy by the time the film started ..... LOL