Vote: What /Who will you be Voting for Election ?

natty01295

I will be voting for:

The provision of housing for all

A living wage for all adults

A radical move away from imprisonment as a form of punishment for criminals

The abolition of our so-called nuclear deterrent

The reinstatement of privacy rights against the surveillance of multiple government agencies (few of which have anything to do with security)

A re-commitment to the European Community as an integrative idea

Relinquishing our subaltern relationship with the United States

The de-criminalisation of drugs

The prohibition of diesel taxis

The abolition of university tuition fees

The abolition of immigration quotas for foreign students studying in the UK

Transparency in the tax system

Making overseas aid a voluntary contribution on people's tax returns/annual income summaries

The prohibition of private schooling

A radical transformation of what we mean by schooling

Giving London city-state powers (e.g. no controls on immigration of any kind into the area inside the M25)

Lets put things in perspective.

We will vote for a party to run this country for five years.

It will have a leader BUT will generally work towards the type of society a majority of its members and supporters want. They all want the same general policy

And if the winning leader falls under a bus all those people won't change their mind. They will just pick another leader and the policy will remain.

And if you don't vote for the winning party this time in five years time you will have another chance..

Its only for five years. Most of you on this forum have many more years to live

Very soon there will be another billion in the world.

Most young people aged 16 today will live for 100 years.

When they are my age (78) they will share this world with possibly 20 billion.

Settle down everyone.

leadership more than ever. Got a plea for help regarding opposing Brexit from labour mp, the mp that didn't bother to respond to my concerns.

I don't understand "soft Brexit" ... It's like chucking out an abusive ex, yet still letting them have a key? You come home to find the cupboards are as empty as your purse ! ...

rahrahrah Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Unfortunately that's true Loz. Lots of people do

> vote on personalities. Too much reality TV

> perhaps.

Yes I don't want him not because of

- the unpleasant company he keeps

- the quality of the people he surrounds him

- the blank cheque spending commitments

- his support of very nasty regimes (despite the absolutely laughable meme that he's always been on the right side of history)

- hi basic competence and organisation skills

etc etc

- the thought of him representing our country at any kind of level

- his student politics in general

Nope it's all because I saw Big Brother 2 back in the day.

he's fecking useless and the proles aren't actually the thick media saps you make out...

rahrahrah Wrote:

> Quite - you don't like him personally.

I'm not sure I buy the idea that just because a person has done certain things, then it's disliking them personally if you disagree with their actions.

Corbyn is his actions, his words and deeds, like any of us are. To dismiss opposition on that basis seems a false premise to me; indeed it allows us to excuse people like George Galloway and Nigel Farage, because the things they said and did are things they personally did.

I may be misunderstanding you (feel free to correct me if I am), but surely we should be judging Corby on the basis of what he's done? We do the same for any other politician? Why are people saying Corbyn gets a pass?

JoeLeg Wrote:

> rahrahrah Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Quite - you don't like him personally.

>

>

> I'm not sure I buy the idea that just because a

> person has done certain things, then it's

> disliking them personally if you disagree with

> their actions.

>

> Corbyn is his actions, his words and deeds, like

> any of us are. To dismiss opposition on that basis

> seems a false premise to me; indeed it allows us

> to excuse people like George Galloway and Nigel

> Farage, because the things they said and did are

> things they personally did.

>

> I may be misunderstanding you (feel free to

> correct me if I am), but surely we should be

> judging Corby on the basis of what he's done? We

> do the same for any other politician? Why are

> people saying Corbyn gets a pass?

I'm just trying to wind up Quids tbh

You don't see flair anywhere in politics these days. Maybe it's a function of my advanced age or that if you pay peanuts you get monkeys.

I guess the death of the great ideologies has taken the blood and guts out of politics. They are all just bookkeepers these days.

However a dull plodder like May is probably what we need right now.

So genuine questions....

Many of Mrs cats friends on Facebook have been loudly proclaiming Corbyn as the saviour. Now I've held my tongue. And we've all seen the 'how many policies do you disagree with' post, where all his policies are very kind and hard to disagree with. But of course the question is, who the fucks gonna pay for it?

So to the question. Can any Corbyn people tell me what I'm missing?

TheCat Wrote:

> They're all whinging about the press

> misrepresenting him (funnily, just like trump

> supporters) so I went to his website and looked at

> his 10 policies direct. The first one cost

> ?500bn....@#$%& off....

That's his infrastructure spending plan, and refers to the amount he wants to invest in UK infrastructure over the next ten years. The Tories have identified ?483BN of projects that require investment before 2021. Even if that ?500BN was planned all to come directly from taxes, which it isn't, that would be ?50BN a year, or less than 10% of total revenue, on infrastructure projects to create jobs etc. I'm no Corbyn fan, far from it, but you know, when they talk about misrepresentation they've got a point.

He's pretty clear who'll pay for it- all of us, but especially the better off, through higher taxation. That is the price of living in a civilised society imo. Labour also propose to borrow against future investments. The conservatives on the other hand would continue cutting or contracting out as many public services as possible and giving tax breaks to the richest. They have also ensured that we will leave Europe and may well yet preside over the break up of the UK. May has been clear that she will lead us out of the EU without a trade deal, if she decides it is 'necessary'. We have lost more than a decade of growth following the banking crisis because the conservatives, rather than putting an economic stimulus in place, decided to use it as cover to push their ideological pursuits (shrinking the state). One has to decide which approach they think is more likely to grow the economy and also improve the quality of life of the greatest number of people.