does anyone live on tintagel crescent?

mammab

Slightly random question....but I was wondering if there was anyone on this forum who lived on Tintagel Crescent at all?

I am thinking about following what seems to be the trend in the area,(going by the amount of scaffolding ive seen up on a few streets recently)- and im thinking about converting the loft space in my house into a study/bedroom, but wondered if anyone else on this road had actually already done this - and if so, was planning permission needed - or did it come under a "permitted development"? cheers in advance if anyone can help

Isn't this all part of the property crisis/boom. People can't afford to move so are rapidly expanding their homes. I read a piece in the 'Standard about people tunnelling downwards too - haven't seen this in ED yet but it can't be long ... if the new proposed school can't afford the price of land for a playground maybe they should consider going underground?

Didn't you know..? 'Going down' is the new 'going up'.

Digging-out a basement is a great idea if you can afford it. Live reasonably normally in your house whilst the work goes on. Get those subsidence problems sorted hee hee.

A good one would cost you ?150k+, but if you think about it in terms of getting as much as 50% more living space and then look to see how much it cost you to move and achieve the same, it's starts to make sense.

You can get plenty of natural light in a basement.. you can have as many windows looking-out onto 'light wells' as you fancy. Drop some of the garden down a level as well and have doors leading-out from the basement. Oooh.. I'm getting all excited now - I may have to have a lie-down.

Given the proportions of the average victorian house and the original windows it's been designed with, I'd venture to suggest the basement could be lighter than the existing ground level.

I know alot of those properties on Tinagal Crescant are flats/masioneettes. If you live in a flat which has access with to the loft you need to check your lease - mostly these spaces are usually part of the freeholder's ownership/title and you'll need to purchase it from the freeholder first. Then get permission from the freeholder. Then get planning permission if neccessary.