What supernatural/seemingly supernatural things have you witnessed ?

KidKruger

Huguenot Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Hmmmm, once is surprising, twice is intriguing,

> but five times suggests that the thing they all

> have in common is a very forgetful lady with a

> penchant for Uri Geller.... ;-)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I had nothing to do with the last two episodes apart from being told about them by relatives I trust!

And I can provide witnesses to the aftermath of the other three - plus the original bent car key, should I be able to find it in my presently chaotic house :)

Don't know about Uri Geller, he's just out to make money in my opinion.

KidKruger Wrote:

>> We had a lot of weird stuff happen in that house.

> All the older relatives, Grandparents and Great

> Aunts etc, would remark whenever they first

> arrived, that something was 'up'.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

That's really creepy and it's reminded me of something else.

I went to stay for the first time with a boyfriend's friends in a house near Aldeburgh.

We slept in their guest room at the top of the house , and in the morning I woke up with the most terrible splitting headache.

my boyfriend's grown-up son had just had some bug or other, and I said to bf that I thought I must be catching it and had his son had a headache with it, which he said he didn't know.

At breakfast, one of the couple who owned the house asked me how I had slept, and I said "OK", but didn't mention the headache.

They then said that several people who slept in this room had woken up with headaches and that the story went that some maid or other had been murdered there (presumably hit on the head?)

OOER missus etc etc.

:-S

Jeremy Wrote:

>

> As for losing something, then finding it in an

> obvious place a few days later...

xxxxxx

No, the point was in the first episode I had literally shaken my bag out over the car, and it was absolutely completely empty, no car key in it anywhere, no doubt whatsoever. It was quite a large bag anyway, and even if it had somehow got lodged somewhere, it would have been at the bottom, not right at the top.

In the case of my brother, I think he might have noticed his bottle of pills, or whatever it was, sitting on the middle of the floor in what was an extremely small front room!

I have another case which is even more weird, but although I was told about it by someone I trusted I'm less sure about them than my relatives, and I'm not in touch with him any more.

Anyway, this guy for some reason (don't ask, it was in the seventies) had a crystal which, if memory serves, he had left on his bed and it had disappeared. He couldn't find it anywhere.

Some time later, he moved house.

On moving the bed, he noticed a lump under the carpet under the bed. The carpet was in one piece, there were no holes or anything.

On further investigation, it was the crystal.

I believe all of this and i am a disbelieving cynical person . Few years ago late at night daughter was in her bedroom reading and i was in my bedroom laying on the bed. We heard the front door slam shut, both of us ran downstairs but the door was bolted from the inside and keys still in the lock. There is no explanation .

For what it's worth, and I have no evidence for this whatsoever, I think that some of these incidents (not the bending key ones I don't think) are to do with either parallel universes or dimensions, and that sometimes there is slippage between them.

Could also be time slippages involved.

And if you have read anything about theories in modern physics, you'll know that is not necessarily a totally improbable explanation.

Edited to add: I think a lot of people don't talk about stuff like this for fear that people will think they're mad, so thanks KK for starting the thread :)

Some people always have to have a go, don't they?

I've got A level physics and a psychology degree, does that make me mad as well? I also did physics for a year at uni.

And as it happens, I used to tutor first and second year undergraduates when I was doing research, and one of the things we used to discuss was parapsychology.

Edinburgh Uni has a whole department on it, or did have (I wasn't at Edinburgh but I did do some research there, not on parapsychology, on stereotyping).

And I also made it clear that I had no evidence for my theory about parallel universes.

If you were being funny (or trying to be) then feel free to ignore the above post.

My daughter doesn't take drugs.

Other people saw the bike there, not there then there, including the cleaner.

The bike was locked up.

It was still dusty.

The flatmate/neighbour thing doesn't work.

My daughter got a first class degree and an MSc and is now a hydrogeologist. She's clearly not stupid. She can't explain it logically.

It wasn't my intention to mock... more to demonstrate how difficult it is to swallow, for other people equally as educated as yourself and your daughter.

I'm not telling you that you shouldn't believe it - merely stating the reasons why I do not!

I was out riding my bike last summer when for no apparent reason I went flying over the handlebars as if I had hit a pothole or suchlike. On examing the spot where it had happened there was no sign of anything - the road was perfectly flat. I just put it down to some sort of bad luck. Anyway a few weeks later I was at work and just happened to look out the window from the eighth floor of my building, there was a lone cyclist riding along the road. For some reason this caught my interest - the next thing I knew the poor guy went flying over the handlerbars of his bike just as I had done!! I went down to look at the road a bit later and once again there was nothing untoward - perfectly flat and no potholes or anything. Explain that!!

oilworker Wrote:

>I went down to look at the road a bit later and once again there was nothing untoward -

> perfectly flat and no potholes or anything. Explain that!!

Will you tell us the precise location?

Modern scientific understanding supports Sue?s theory.

According to plain vanilla Quantum Mechanics (QM), given sufficient time, anything is possible - however improbable. It?s not unreasonable to consider whether the many-worlds meta-theory of QM multiplies those probabilities, surely?

Given the intimacy with which QM and the 'act' of observation are bound, experiential evidence cannot be lightly dismissed, I suggest. (See quantum mind and quantum consciousness.)

HAL - my understanding of the many-worlds interpretation, is that a particle has many simultaneous states until it is observed... at which point, a single one of those states gets bound to our reality, and the other states fork off to parallel "worlds". I've not read anything about parallel worlds re-integrating with each other - that's in the realm of science fiction.

Even if such things were possible, the probabilities are so infinitesimally small, practically any other explanation is preferable.

[ Again... not trying to belittle or mock anyone else's opinion, just stating what I do/don't believe ]