Famous People in Sainsburys

Ladygooner

• 2 months later...

Ronny Abraham, distinguished jurist and judge at the International Court of Justice, enjoying a half bottle of red wine at Le Cave de Bruno.

Charlie Brookes (ex-EastEnders) filling a bright red, heavily modded Lambretta at Goose Green petrol station.

Aviva CEO Amanda Blanc in the queue at Stephanie's one morning. I did not think it was a good idea to raise my scandalously high renewal notice with her, as neither of us had had our morning coffee.

Devastatingly beautiful, mononymous, pseudonymous, legendary schlager singer Michelle a couple of days ago, buying what looked like cream from Bora & Sons. Or maybe it was quark, I'm not sure.

probably just some light bouncing off a strut.

I left East Dulwich and have since returned 10 years later and this thread is still on the first page of the forum. I need some time to process this...

It's like a mirage

The closer you get to Dog Kennel Hill, the more you realise that the famous person you thought you are seeing isn't actually there.

Hopefully later today someone will believe they have seen Zelensky shopping for fighter jets....

Rosie Huntington-Whiteley in Dulwich Park at the weekend

She and Jason Statham have a house up College Road somewhere. Seen them both very occasionally.

Have to say a lot of the names on here I have no idea who they are and would never recognise them anyway!

Hopefully later today someone will believe they have seen Zelensky shopping for fighter jets....

Sadly far more likely to find Boris shopping for houses (or mistresses or loan guarantors...)

• 3 weeks later...

Interior designer to the stars, Nicky Haslam, wearing a lovely camel coat. I considered asking him where he got it, but I'm probably not wealthy or cool enough to buy it.

Also, Baroness "Come on, Arlene" Foster of Aghadrumsee DBE, trying to pay with cash in Redemption. I did not see whether the payment was in exchange for ash or just a coffee.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 19/04/2016 at 18:39, NewWave said:

I heard that Siouxsie Sioux has moved to Dulwich...As a saddo fangirl I live in hope of spotting her!

There is hope yet! She's a friend & client of ours at The Wingless Bird.
We've been cat sitting while she's touring for the first time in 10 years.

Incredible to see her up there on stage.

Edited by TWB

48 minutes ago, Dogkennelhillbilly said:

Artist and TV presenter Neil Buchanan, inspecting the spray paint and precision knife selection at Dulwich DIY.

Either you are on the lookout for famous people all the time, Dulwich is a magnet for famous people or you're like the bloke in the chip shop who swears he's Elvis. 🤔 

On 08/05/2023 at 22:47, TWB Cat Sitter said:

There is hope yet! She's a friend & client of ours at The Wingless Bird.
We've been cat sitting while she's touring for the first time in 10 years.

Incredible to see her up there on stage.

Well, this is incredible news. I have told the Baron and he is beyond excited! 

19 minutes ago, malumbu said:

Sounds charming - www.thesun.co.uk/sport/22134815/millwall-hooligans-ginger-bob-fights/

The Sun refers to the reformed football hooligan but just talks about the violence.  Are you a fan of the 'reformed junkie and racist' too - Roy Larner, who I witnessed on Rye Lane giving his unpleasant views on Muslims? 

He doesn't fight at football anymore so he is a reformed football hooligan, whatever your high and mighty views of his past may be. I'd far sooner run into him on a petrol forecourt for a chat that most folk round here who's idea of chewing the fat is having a whinge about someone parking in the wrong place or the fees of the local private school. 

The Sun article glorified football violence.  If he is a reformed character helping sick children in a hospital or re-homing orphan animals then I'd love to know.  Otherwise hurting people for entertainment, as opposed to say joining a boxing or martial arts club, sounds like he is (or was) a psychopath,

As for your disdain for locals you can look at it two ways.  Very similar to football.  In the past it was real and edgy but with violence (be it the Old Den or Lordship Lane).  Gentrification has it's annoyances, commoditisation of football has in part destroyed the game I love.  I find it hard to go to Dulwich Hamlet with all the recent newcomers who have little or no footballing heritage.

But I welcome the safety and quality of both football and Lordship Lane.

OK off to the best pub in Britain (the Blythe) to watch moneybags state funded Manchester City in the semi.  Join me and we can continue the chat.  There will be Millwall and Palace watching but no bother!  And a pound a pint cheaper than SE22 (and a real pub, the Castle is the last one left in Dulwich).  Heavens there are about four different threads in my post.