Famous People in Sainsburys

Ladygooner

15 hours ago, malumbu said:

The Sun article glorified football violence.  If he is a reformed character helping sick children in a hospital or re-homing orphan animals then I'd love to know.  Otherwise hurting people for entertainment, as opposed to say joining a boxing or martial arts club, sounds like he is (or was) a psychopath,

As for your disdain for locals you can look at it two ways.  Very similar to football.  In the past it was real and edgy but with violence (be it the Old Den or Lordship Lane).  Gentrification has it's annoyances, commoditisation of football has in part destroyed the game I love.  I find it hard to go to Dulwich Hamlet with all the recent newcomers who have little or no footballing heritage.

But I welcome the safety and quality of both football and Lordship Lane.

OK off to the best pub in Britain (the Blythe) to watch moneybags state funded Manchester City in the semi.  Join me and we can continue the chat.  There will be Millwall and Palace watching but no bother!  And a pound a pint cheaper than SE22 (and a real pub, the Castle is the last one left in Dulwich).  Heavens there are about four different threads in my post.

Well, i agree with you a bit in terms of Dulwich Hamlet. I avoid it now too since it is nothing more than a big beer garden for middle class younger adults who spend the whole time drinking beer and discussing their next skiing trip- they couldn't give a hoot about the football match. 

Also, the Blythe is indeed a good pub, i was in there last Sunday. Its not that cheap though compared to Forest Hill pubs, but mercifully cheaper than the joke restaurant/pubs we have on Lordship Lane. Terrible places.  

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 18/05/2023 at 10:55, Humdinger said:

Well, i agree with you a bit in terms of Dulwich Hamlet. I avoid it now too since it is nothing more than a big beer garden for middle class younger adults who spend the whole time drinking beer and discussing their next skiing trip- they couldn't give a hoot about the football match. 

Also, the Blythe is indeed a good pub, i was in there last Sunday. Its not that cheap though compared to Forest Hill pubs, but mercifully cheaper than the joke restaurant/pubs we have on Lordship Lane. Terrible places.  

The last time I was in the Cherry Tree on a matchday, I asked a girl wearing a Hamlet scarf what the score of the match was (I'd been to Chelsea that day and went in to meet the Baron). She said she didn't know...

I have the same response when I ask people to name a Ramones track when they are wearing the t shirt and similarly for Joy Division unknown pleasures.  I of course have seen both bands.  I understand Hooky often uses the cafe at Sainsbury's.  Dave Formula used to live in Herne Hill, but that was before Sainsbury's was built but maybe he popped in when he did one of  his two gigs at the Ivy

Edited by malumbu

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 30/08/2023 at 18:18, malumbu said:

I have the same response when I ask people to name a Ramones track when they are wearing the t shirt and similarly for Joy Division unknown pleasures.  I of course have seen both bands.  I understand Hooky often uses the cafe at Sainsbury's.  Dave Formula used to live in Herne Hill, but that was before Sainsbury's was built but maybe he popped in when he did one of  his two gigs at the Ivy

i wear my Ramones t shirt just on the off chance someone asks me. Dee Dee Ramone had tea and toast in my kitchen once.

"you should never have opened that door" is todays favourite.