Tuesday activity for a 4 year old - suggestions please

Toad1973

Hello

I am just looking for suggestions for an activity to do with my 4 year old son on a Tuesday. Am finding it slightly tricky on the cold winter days to keep him amused as we live in a small flat and need to get out. We go swimming one day a week and he attends preschool on other days. I also have a small baby, so the activity needs to be something that she can also be present during. I am happy to pay (but not through the nose!). Any suggestions gratefully recieved.

Many thanks.

Just to let you know, we attempted to go to Toddler World and they have put the price up...something like ?4.50 each..and are now charging for children 6 months and older..so turns out to be an expensive outing when you are taking two little ones.

But other than that, i second the Toddler world.

Will be watching this thread with interest as have a nearly 4 year old girl and 14 week old baby to amuse - we tend to go to softplay at the Pulse or local parks but it would be good to find some new things to do - I find most of the groups are aimed at toddlers.

Hi Toad (?!) and Vik,

You'd be most welcome to attend my baby music and toddler classes with both children. The classes are aimed at babies and toddlers up to age three but older siblings are very welcome and often enjoy being the helper and interacting with their brothers/sisters. The classes are drop in with no need to book so feel free to pop in and see how your 4 year olds like it. Details are below.

I also know that Ruby Rhymes' classes are for babies and children up to age five. Details are here:

http://www.rubyrhymes.co.uk/

Any questions, just let me know,

All the best,

Bea

xx

Bea's Baby Bop

Drop in music classes for babies and toddlers

Tuesdays/Wednesdays/Fridays 3:30-4:30 pm

Saturdays 10:30-11:30

Family Natural Health centre above Soup Dragon

106 Lordship Lane, East Dulwich

?5, any additional siblings pay half price

drop in (no need to book beforehand)

Thanks all for your replies. I will definitely give the toddler thing at crystal palace a go. Perhaps I could then go onto your music class Bea which also sounds cool. Will certainly be a fun-packed busy day which is what I like...

Vik re: softplay... I have lately been asking myself 'how much softplay is too much?!'. well we seem to go on average to one softplay or another once a week (I am a self-proclaimed expert on local softplays!). It's certainly funny how I used to HATE those places with a passion but now love going as its actually a break (despite the screaming etc)...! This is what my life has now come to!!

Hi Toad and Vik, I also have an almost 4 year old and a small baby and am looking for things to do on a tuesday. I sometimes go to soft play at Beckenham Spa which is nice - how about all going together and our 4 year olds can play together while we sit with the babies and have coffee?

Sounds like a plan Sanity Girl, not been there before but have been meaning to try it as a change to the Pulse!

Thanks for that too Pebbles, may have to give that one a go.

Know what you mean about softplay being a break Toad!

PS!!

Just to let you know if you are thinking of attending my class with two children that as my class enters its fifth month, I am happy to say that I am finally able to offer a sibling discount. Thank you very much for your patience with this issue! It's lovely to have siblings attend the class and I would hate to think cost is a factor in deciding whether or not to do so.

As of tomorrow, the class will cost ?5 for the first child attending and any additional siblings attending will only pay half price at ?2.50.

All the best,

Bea