Experimental Music

alexsiddall

py5ir5 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Jah Lush Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > There's one up near the station at Forest Hill.

>

>

> Please can you let me know details/ contact?

>

>

>

> Thanks

>

> Iain

Here

I'm pretty sure it's the same one Saint Etienne have used in the past.

As posted previously, two of us are meeting on Wednesday 16th at 10:30 in Mon Petit chou for a coffee. Anyone else is welcome. I'm guessing that this time of day is not easy for most, so any suggestions as to a venue and a time for another occasion , please feel free.

Alex

OpenLab - Sunday Feb 27 @ The Others, 6-8 Manor Road London N16 5SA (Stoke Newington).

My mate Rob runs an experimental music night every few weeks, normally around Shoreditch area. Alex I mentioned this to you privately and was going to PM you again, however after talking to Rob he's happy for me to spread the word. These guys make experimental music in the technical sense of the word, they often combine with visuals and, personally, my first few visits were 'educational', given my grounding in more 'conventional' genres of music.

You have to go and watch/listen and make up your own mind I think...

One thing's for sure these guys are really into their thing, which in itself I like to see.

The gig details are found here:

www.pawfal.org/openlab/

If you want to participate / do a spot showingoff your thing, contact him, everyone is welcome form my experience.

Hi all,

Is anyone interested in a second meeting next week? Time and location is flexible, but 10:30 on wednesday in Mon Petit Chou worked well last time. Also, we were thinking it might be interesting to get audio visual people involved, as we are thinking about about trying to put an event on. All welcome.

Alex

Jah Lush Wrote:

> "Experimental music." Hmmm....does that mean you

> can't actually play any instruments but like to

> make a bit of a racket?

Wot, you mean like Brian Eno? ;-)

I met up with Alex last time and we had a good chat. Mainly trying to establish common ground, etc.

Come along and get involved and we could actually try and make something happen. Coffee damn fine too.

Here's some stuff of mine

louisiana Wrote:

> I'm fixated on theremins. Travelled to Brussels to

> see one in action a few years back.

>

> Is there anyone with a theremin locally? Or indeed

> an ondes martenot?

>

> I admit: I'm a bit of a music-tech junkie :-)

I own a local theremin though am yet to master the leap from alarming sound to tune

Yes please guys, put an experimental event on in ED tho! It's what the music scene lacks here. I could also help you with but although at present I am far too busy ...if you like contact me for support, advise and everything else!

Best luck

Klarita

Kaparte Promotions

alexsiddall Wrote:

> Hi all,

>

> Is anyone interested in a second meeting next

> week? Time and location is flexible, but 10:30 on

> wednesday in Mon Petit Chou worked well last time.

> Also, we were thinking it might be interesting to

> get audio visual people involved, as we are

> thinking about about trying to put an event on.

> All welcome.

>

> Alex

We had to postpone the plans for the second meeting this week, so does a pint in the bishop on monday night at 8:30pm sound appealing to anyone? All welcome.

Thanks for the offer of advice Klarita, I'm sure we'll take you up on that!

Alex

I'll second the thanks, Klarita. That's very generous ;-)

I urge anyone else who is seriously (or not!) interested in this idea to get together with us on a social night as we try and build some momentum together. As it was, we had a good, if suitably minimal night.

Check out Klarita's site. Some good artists on there.

Hi again,

Anyone up for some drinks next week? I'm proposing Monday night around 8:30pm, but if you want to come and can't make that time, then please suggest something that suits you and we can then all try to find something mutually convenient.

Don't be scared - we're not geeks or gear snobs. You just need to have an open mind!

Alex

• 1 month later...

Hi,

In case anyone fancies coming along, I'm 'performing' an installation piece on Thursday 19th May at 7pm as part of a concert at the London College of Music,

Vestry Hall, Ranelagh Road, W5 5RF (nearest tube South Ealing). As far as I know, entry is free.

Alex

• 2 weeks later...