Missing children.. (not any more)

elliescott

Even with the change of title my heart sank on reading this posts title. How incredibly terrifying.

Dulwich Park has a missing children post in it and the Police say it has hugely reduced missing children call outs which must mean a lot less stress for kids and parents. I don't remember seeing this is Peckham Rye.

I'll ask if one can be installed for Peckham Rye park.

Spot on Pickle.

Kidkruger- see attached picture.

Talking to local Police it has significantly helped reduced the problem of missing and lost children. Great for the kids and families. I've only known this feeling of dread once but unforgettable - amazing how long 10 minutes can be in slow motion.

Helpful for the Police as you can imagine the numbers of Police officers taken from other Policing duties when a child goes missing.

Given that your oh so pleased thank you very much comment was 3 days after they were reported well, I don't think it was silly at all. Perhaps you would care to explain why you started a not very nice thread if it wasn't just to start something juicy in the gossip section.

We saw and spoke to the police carrying out the search, and I must say were really reassured by the considerable police presence. Glad to know it ended well. Also interesting James that the missing children's post has been so effective in DP.

Well, the thread has given me the 'heads up' re the lost children's post. So easy for kids to disapear through a line of bushes and then get disorientated in Dulwich park. I have been onvolved in 2 20 min long searches for free-range explorers! Of course if the kids are having such a great time that they don't realise that they are lost, then thier absence at the post will create yet more fretting.

Chip'n'pin - the only way forward.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Discussions

• I've found also that the Nectar lower price hasn't always been applied on 3 recent shops on various items. After the first shop where i noticed (likely happened many times before) I check the Smartshop scanner to see if it's been applied and if it hasn't then photo the shelf-pricing... you then have to get a refund at customer service. Not very efficient/a pain but would have spent over £5 more on 3 items. You won't be able to do this without using Smartshop unless you photograph every item at the shelf then go through them and the items on the receipt. Oh, and to get the refund you must also present the item at the customer service desk (not just the receipt and photo). I had to go to the car first time to recover ice cream.  
    • Is anyone getting rid of a play tent? I’m looking for one suitable for a 6 year old boy. Many thanks. 
    • FredMarsh Started conversation: 6 minutes ago I must agree ! Shopping in Sainsburys Dog Kennel Hill has become very unpleasant ! The erection of coral fencing  to herd us all in one direction so that we can be observed by security prior to getting into the "shop" is quite horrible. The fresh meat counter has gone . The fresh fish counter has gone. The fresh cheese counter has gone. Most of the staff have gone ! Just a couple of attended checkouts left,  sometimes just the one with people waiting quietly inline But most people are herded into the payment coral and wait just as long to do a redundant cashiers job. unload your own shopping, place your bag in the right position so that it can be weighed and the quietly pick each item you are about to purchase , look for the barcode and pass the item across the scanner. Then put item in shopping bag.  What could be easier or more efficient ? If something goes wrong or you are trying purchase alcohol, just look round nervously, not wanting to make a fuss. If nothing happens start waving to the overworked member of staff in a sainsburys uniform  running up and down looking after a few dozen self service checkouts Don't forget to take your receipt (piece of paper that will be screwed up and discarded discreetly  shortly afterwards )  It's essential to present your receipt in order to escape the coral. There's nothing pleasant about Sainsburys any more. ! Why do I go there? Because I can get the whole thing over with and not get a parking ticket !! And NO !   I'm 77 completely knackered and am not going to get a bike   
    • Week 33 points...   Week 33 table...  
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In