Water problems Altima Court / East Dulwich?

cat24

Hello,

Last night our water went off completely and it still wasn't working at 6am when I left for work. We live in Altima Court and cannot seem to find any incidents reported on the Thames Water website. Is anyone else in Altima or ED having a similar problem?

Thanks

Cat

I live in Altima Court too, we had no water around 10pm last night, but

it came back on around midnight. Management agents said it was a fault with the pump, but

didn't have any other info.

We had this problem several times last year, hope they've solved the issue once and for all!

I live in Altims Court too and have just got back from work and there's no water again!!! I reported a problem at 5.30am this morning and they gave me an ETA for the contractor to come out for 7.30am, the management agent gave the contractor my number and they called at 7.50am to say that they were 5mins away, didn't hear from them again. I can't believe its not working again, it apparently hasn't been working since 6.30pm and the contractor is not due to arrive until 9.30pm. This is the 4th time I've experienced this here in the last 2 years.

Hey,

Did they manage to fix your water problem? Reason I ask is my girlfriend and I are looking at buying a flat in Altima court and amongst my research I stumbled across your thread.

After speaking with our estate agent I though the service charges/ground rent were quite high, but assumed because of the size of the block and how well maintained it looks that this was the norm. But seems a lot to be paying for no water! Have you had any other problems and would you recommend living in the block??

I've lived in Altima Court for 4 years and the water going off the other night was the first time I've known it to happen here. It was annoying but not worth not buying a flat over.

Can't really comment on the expense of the service charge as I've nothing to compare it against.

Our previous property manager from the managing agents was absolutely useless. The new one actually came round the other day though and he is a hell of a lot better.

I have lived in Altima Court since built- so 5 years. To my knowledge have lost water twice, once due to mains issue, once due to Altima Court issue, which was resolved by management company same day. Based on this, hard to fault. Sure,management fee isn't cheap, but considering property has lifts etc., does not compare badly to my previous flat. Certainly not going to promote the management company, they do adequate job, but not ready to criticise either.