Lego Land - how to get a discount?

samstopit

You can use your Tesco Clubcard vouchers to buy a daily pass.

Or as it gets into Spring lots of places seem to give away 2 for 1 vouchers (WHSmith and Mothercare definitely did it last year as I collected some)

We went last summer and nearly everyone in the queue had some kind of voucher to use. Its hideously expensive - and really really busy in school holidays. The kids love it though!

Yes, 2 for 1 vouchers appear everywhere in the Spring usually (teabags etc)

But if you have tesco clubcard vouchers you can exchange for "days out" vouchers at the rate of 1:3 and use them for legoland (but not in conjnction with other offers) ad that works out est. Then you can get a queuebot with your cash, one per child and one for an adult is WELL worth it!

PS get there early and get the train to the far end then work back to avoid queues, take your own food/drinks and put in a locker. Take dry clothes because some rides are very wet. Plan what rides you fancy and your children are the right height for,print a map off the net and plan your strategy!!

I took my son and his mate the week before they began school; it was like a stag do for 4 year olds and they loved it. Got 2 for 1 tickets from a newspaper promotion. You really must invest in the queue bot - you can do twice as much and reduce moaning to zero. Take your own food, like most of these places the on site food is hideous and overpriced. And take a change of clothes, all the good rides (imo) involve getting splashed!

What is a queue bot?

I am embarrassed to say I just thought there would be lots of Lego. Now I know it's more of a stag do experience, should I leave my 3 year old daughter at home? The four year old boy will love it but maybe I should take him with a friend instead.

S

A queue bot is a device you pay for per person which means that you do not have to queue for any rides - slightly more complicated but that's the gist. There is plenty of lego - natch - and plenty for the smaller ones but the best stuff has a height restriction; have a look on their website. Actually the boys favourite bit was the model village.

We took our boys last August and stayed in a Marriot hotel near by.

For 2 adults and 2 children, one night B&B in a hotel (with a pool) and 2 days entry into the park was ?187. I thought that was pretty good.

It was great to unwind after a day at the park by going swimming. (The hotel has a playground too)

We all had a lot of fun, and it was good to go for 2 days so we didn't feel rushed, or miss anything.

If you book through Quidco you get 7.6% cashback, which is better than nothing. :)

• 3 weeks later...
Two kids go free vouchers on every childs happy meal from Burger King in Peckham at the moment valid for a number of attractions including Legoland. (You don't even have to take the kids just get a happy meal for yourself they are quite filling)!

samstopit Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> fuschia, which Smiths did you go to? The Peckham

> one say their Legoland promotion won't start until

> next month.

>

> Thanks

>

> S

Don't wknow, my partner brought home a handful of the slips.. want some of ours? We will use tesco vouchers when we go in May

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Even with kids go free vouchers it's very expensive

8.50 of tesco clubcard vouchers will get you a free Lego and pass to use by July 21 ( usuLly it's 13.50)

I think you need to shop to the value of ?425 to get an 8.50 clubcard voucher - so online shop with tesco for a bit

Used Nectar points to get into Lego land last easter weekend. My 3.75yr old daughter absolutely loved it. Made it worth all those shopping trips to sainburys, although spent about 11,000 points which equates to about ?6,000 worth of shopping over the last year.

Fuschia - Pass for how many? And if kids go free,that makes it about ?34 for the adult if ticket is bought online, surely cheaper than ?425 in tesco.