Attempted mugging on Marmora Road (22nd Feb)

StevoR

4 teenagers attempted to mug me for my phone on Marmora Road earlier this week. They had hoods up and were clearly looking for likely victims. Fortunately I got to my house before they caught me. All male, black and between 15 and 20. And it was early - 6.00 pm.

Pics did take action about a year ago - only resulting in a couple of ASBOs. wrote Marmora Man.

I would like to read something like

"it resulted in them all getting a flogging,

2 years hard labour,

with the proviso of second offence they lose a limb".

But as a simple Guardian reading left wing liberal,

and with the rest of the world reading the Mail they would no doubt disagree.

Narnia Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> How did you know they were after your phone

> SteveR?

Someone sent me a PM stating they didn't see the point of my question. Given there were 4 of them I wondered if they tried to mug you without them knowing you had anything of value on you, but simply because of numbers in their favour.

Where two of them on Bikes by any chance? A blue mountain bike with front and rear suspension. and a silver mountain bike slightly smaller than the blue one?

My brother, his friend and myself were all involved in a mugging that took place Barry Road around Mid night, Tuesday 23/Wednesday 25

• 1 month later...
We were approached by three youths (probably aged 14 or 15), all on bikes, between Underhill Road and Barry Road last night. They initially asked for money, and then, when we were unable to give any, started to circle us menacingly. The one on the smaller bike then grabbed hold of a bollard and tried to pelt my husband, managing only to clip him in the mouth, thankfully. Sounds like it could be the same gang? We were just approaching Barry Road at the time.

Please do report all muggings and attempted ones to the police, as they told me the incident rate round here is very low, when my son and a friend were mugged two weeks ago. If that is true then good but if things are not being reported they don't have the full picture and will step up patrols etc