Bellenden Brasserie

all_star

dulwichmum your suspicions are confirmed, if batdog is who I think he is ( my sweet neighbour ), then he's terribly attractive and also hugely wealthy, but down to earth. I have been trying to hook him for years but NADA, very misterious and interesting man.

When he is not travelling around the world you'll find him often cruising around lunchtime through the ED and Dulwich Village various Cafes, that's the time when moms are usually around for a capucino and a chat, and some of them are very bored moms, and their hubbies are at work until late ( if you know what I mean). agreeing with you and the others, leave peckham alone for now.

Dear BonnieParker,

Hurrah! I can still spot an eligable man even on the internet! You make Mr Batdog sound rather luscious. Indeed I found it hard to resist his witty conversation all along, but now that you have told me he has pots of money - why I am trying now to resist running to Agent Provocateur with my child benefit money and asking to see their tassle collection!

How can I be sure you are not in fact his sister, trying to make him sound dammed attractive?

I think Ms BonnieParker we must endeavour to join you up with Mr Batdog, then you will be happy, and I cannot get myself into further trouble! A lady should not be greedy.

Dear D-Mum,

Do NOT believe anything you?re told on me, by anyone on this forum. No one knows me and NEVER seen me ( that they know of ).

I hope this Bonnie Parker ( I thought she was executed ages ago by the Federals together with her man Clyde Barrow ) is not a friend of yours in incognito taking the ?pancake? out of us.

IS THIS A SMEAR campaign??

Regarding sisters, no I do not have one ?sigh?!!! :'(

And for you Bonnie Parker, as I live in a stately mansion up the ED hills, I do not have any neighbours, the only company is of 2 ?brothers? Rottweilers that protect me during my beauty slip and look after the Mansion.

I do often cruise Cafes and Bars and nice Restaurant BUT in the French Riviera and other top places around the globe.

So BonnieParker, I am so so so sorry to disappoint you, you got the wrong ?neighbour? ha..ha? !!!

Sort yourself out ?Girl..!!! >:D<

I hope your terrible experience at the Brasserie hasn't put you off Bellenden all together dulwichmum - my friend Anna sells her DIVINE cakes on Saturdays at her shop at 157 Bellenden Road (next to the architechical savage shop and bathroom showroomplace) along with some delicious savory tarts, salads, bread and organic fruit and veg. This cakes are to die for (particularly the gooey chocolate one)- fantastic, worth venturing down Bellenden again! Baking cakes looks so easy but after several distratous efforts of mine, I've given up and when asked to bring in homemade cakes, I sneakily bring in one of Anna's instead. I keep telling her there is a gap in the market for selling homemade cakes to un-homemaking mummies like me to bring to fetes and so on!

Dear D-Mum and Beth,

Anna's cakes are really YUMMYYYY . I love Peckham campaign is still alive...

And D-Mum while you watch your au pair , I am gonna watch my american sweetheart who does her weekly appearance on british national TV on Friday nights. (tu)

You batdog,

I do not know why you?re so nasty to me, usually you are so polite and charming when we cross each others paths on the way in/out home?

I can even tell anyone reading this, that despite your handsomely and often suntanned Scandinavian look, there is not even one drop of British blood in your body. In fact you are the pure southern European ?perfect? male.

And who else in ED owns a Land Cruiser Invincible ? ( gotcha here ! )

And you know that I know that you know

- God I am getting entagled now ?

So I am not smearing anyone. Am I ? ..BOY?!!!

Wasn't it all_star who had the lacklustre experience at the Bellenden/PEx? :)

I love Peckham, smelly 'bush meat' purveyors, 'mars vegetables' dried fish and all. During the day there is absolutely nothing to be scared of (as in most of London - we are not in NYCity!). The diversity of the little pockets of London is what makes it wonderful - one of the best places to live in the world. (Granted, I do NOT hang around there at night - but then I am married with kids and have no life, so I don't hang around anywhere really!!)

The houses are between Peckham and Camberwell are fabulous beyond belief - clever them for snapping up Georgians with 120' gardens and more power to their elbow for braving it out in the wild SE15 instead of comfy Dulwich! We'll all be grateful in the end when Peckham is totally chi-chi, expensive and more 'safe'!

I've only been to the PE once - and I agree all_star, it was fairly dismal. But thanks for the heads up beth, I will definitely look for your friend Anna's cakes and shop. There is a really good clothes shop too.

spymum

(blog : Posh Mum)

Yes, it's fenton walsh and there I think there sale is still on so you might even pick up some bargins. Anna's cake shop is only open Saturdays 10 - 4pm but she takes orders for cakes to make and deliver throughout the week as well. Also check out Peititou Cafe round the corner on Choumert Road - fantastic but gets very busy. And Review is a super bookstore - Roz the owner is fantastically helpful and at least you don't have to step over a bucket of water every time you go into the shop!

My god how can you say Peckham is nice? You want to try living here its a complete dump with a non existant shopping centre and drugs and guns and crime its awful , people in east dulwich dont know how good theyve got it, at leats you can venture out after dark there, maybe you can round here too if your black haha what a dump

BonnieParker,

I repeat, you?re obviously mistaking me for some one else, sort it out.

Your mind is clearly obfuscated ( like the contradiction ? ) and I do not know what you?re on about.

What I do know is that you either have a ?POTTY? mouth or you had an extra large portion of ?magic mushrooms? with your English Breakfast this morning.

HA?..HA??!!!

Dear Beth,

Can I have your cake baking chums' (Anna) phone number please? You would really be doing me a good turn. Home baking is just too much hassle since I returned to work, and I love the sound of the chocolate gooey one! Mmmmmmmmmm.

Mr Batdog, I think it is wonderful that you are turning out to be an international sex symbol. I knew it would be so, I just felt it instinctively!

Hello all,

A price list of cakes and orders for cakes can be made through emailing Anna at [email protected] (note only two 't's in email address). Also by ringing 07804 632690. Let them eat Cake is also open on Saturdays from 10 - 4pm at 157 Bellenden Road. She is also looking to expand the outlets and cafe's her cakes can be bought at locally so if you run a cafe or outlet, feel free to contact her.

Beth

Ant Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I went for a walk from the top of Dog Kennel Hill

> down to Pekcham Rye the other evening. Some of the

> places, on Grove Park etc, look incredibly posh.

Been in the area long Ant ? surprisingly the Houses hase been there about 150 years

There are indeed some fantastic houses in that park of Peckham / Camberwell. But I think the 'death' of the much-mooted (by estate agents especially ha ha) Bellenden Road 'trend-spot' illustrates that a lot of the people living in those places are more interested in living in a fantastic house than they are in really supporting the local area.

I know ED has it's own 'divide' but it seems to be much more integrated than round those there parts.

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Dulwich Mum,

You need to live abit more and get out of your Dulwich Bubble!!! Attitudes like yours will only intensy people's about their area and send them on a further downward sprial. You bring little voice of hope to those who work really hard in making Peckham a nice place to be , with a sense of community. Not everyone is 'fortunate' enough to live in ED but a bit of support in making the most of what they have would help. Try volunteering with a group such as 'The Peckham Arts Express' and feeling good about that, instead of spending your time moaning about Peckham, you never know you may feel that bit more fufilled!!

In all fairness peckham girl, dulwichmum did apologise for her outburst a couple of posts later.

I like the idea of bellenden, shows a bit of investment can help neighbourhoods turn a corner, my main problem was the eateries there, for i tried a few, were of pretty poor quality at high prices (a london wide ailment I agree). If things have turned a corner let me know as I'd like to patronise (in the good way) the area, it being but a short stroll from champion hill.

I was almost killed by a downward sprial the other day. Nasty things ;)

Dear Peckham Girl,

As I said before in my apology, I am sorry I was having a bad day. Mr Mockney Piers and Mr Batdog - you make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside, like I have a protective big handsome brother, and a lovely sweet dog friend. I am glad to be back home in South East London tonight, where gun crime is rampant. All is well.....

Ohmygod......... I may have gone off topic - er sorry!