Blue Traveller's Van parked in our street

You don't have to be interested in anyone's story or want to befriend them.

What you might want to choose is talking to them man to "man" and voice your genuine concerns like an adult, instead of going down the aggressive and childish route you seem to be advocating.

Willard Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> You don't have to be interested in anyone's story

> or want to befriend them.

>

> What you might want to choose is talking to them

> man to "man" and voice your genuine concerns like

> an adult, instead of going down the aggressive and

> childish route you seem to be advocating.

'aggressive'?

What you might want to choose is talking to them man to "man" and voice your genuine concerns like an adult, instead of going down the aggressive and childish route you seem to be advocating.

Ok, I was clearly exaggerating but in all seriousness I wouldn't be going round with cake to welcome them to the neighbourhood. I would ask them politely to move on......then start the rocking if they didn't comply.

If you want to live in a mobile home, go to a camp site IMO.

My point is this: don't suffer in silence. If you're concerned, introduce yourself and explain why. I don't think rubyshoes' concerns are unreasonable, but talking to them direct will solve the issue quicker than this forum.

@pearson: if I was sat in my vehicle and someone started banging on it and rocking it, I'd consider it aggressive. Just ask Charles and Camilla.

If someone parks a Rolls Royce Phantom VI outside my house and decides to sleep in it for days; taking up my parking space and taking advantage of the council tax I've paid, I'd definitely rock the car, and maybe poke a few sticks in it - whether it was Charles and Camilla or Bob and Maureen...

jimmyraj Wrote:

> If someone parks a Rolls Royce Phantom VI outside

> my house and decides to sleep in it for days;

> taking up my parking space and taking advantage of

> the council tax I've paid, I'd definitely rock the

> car, and maybe poke a few sticks in it - whether

> it was Charles and Camilla or Bob and Maureen...

jimmyraj, the OP did not claim a vehicle was parked 'outside her house'. She said it was parked on the same road as where she lives. A road that is some 250m long or so.

Are they taking advantage of any council tax paid by anyone? That's yet to be demonstrated.

rubyshoes Wrote:

> I am fascinated at the path this post has taken,

> absolutely fascinated. You seem to think I am a

> Christian, curtain-twitching, Daily Mail reading,

Chick said

>Ruby,

>Your attitude isn?t terribly Christian is it?

You seem to think that means people say you're a Christian, which you then vigorously deny; but that's not something anyone ever said you were; they are saying the opposite.

Um, there seems to be a comprehension problem here (with English)....?

The point people are making is that your attitude seems to be self-serving rather than...

oh dear me I am gob smacked by this thread...obviously I wouldn't be pleased if someone parked a van outside my door but I would be mainly be worried about my family's security and not about who is who is not paying tax... especially living in a country where some work bloody hard and some decide to live on benefits ( not talking about the ones that really need help okay.Also like mentioned before no one knows what s really going on so why waste so much time talking about it, life is short let's be happy :-)

Rubyshoes just thinks that because she is a homeowner or rent payer that the public highway belongs to her too (or maybe are talking about a he). It might just be possible that these two blue van owners hit on hard times and are trying as best they can to get on. If such people parked outside my gaff i'd be more than happy to help until they gave me a reason not to. It's called being human!

I have just posted an update in the lounge re this situation.

Maybe RS hasn't quite got a grasp on how she comes across posting on here.

But here point i believe is valid. It is now 3.30am and loud parties going

on and smell of weed and people pissing against garden walls....

Oh and i should pop over there and say hello cause maybe they're actually ok??!!

FFS, I don't want to say hello. Secondly i am being kept awake by niose/ fumes-

both drugs and petrol/ oh and folk pissing outside against our wall. Great.

All those who think i'm being an un-charitable, daily mail reading, wa87er.

Please forward me your address, i shall send him round to your house where

he'll clearly have a better welcoming.

I'm so over this now.

Having been kept awake all night by the sound of thumping music & shouting (from the van), also reving engines I'm going to knock at this guy's door & tell him to move on. I won't be offering cupcakes, but I may be brandishing those sticks, Jimmyraj. And yes, Pearson, let's suggest he moves on to some more 'christian' & hospitable road in East Dulwich. I will be doing all my much-loved, wonderful neighbours here a real favour. Although, maybe someone else has already called the police? Oh well.....what a shame.

If you're being kept awake by noise, why not phone Southwark Noise Control - that's what they are there for.

I am sometimes disturbed whilst trying to sit quietly in my garden by loud people with posh-ish accents in their nearby gardens who appear not to be able to speak below a shout. Their children also appear not to be able to speak below a shout.

Maybe that's OK though because they and their loud-voiced friends don't live in a van.

This is really dissapointing if blue van tribe have been keeping people awake and peeing openly outside.

It doesn't justify the vitriol comments made earlier on this thread because they were not substantiated when made and in some ways still aren't - the guy hasn't been exposed as a 'fake' yet, he may actually pay taxes and he may have (probably has) a good reason to be living in a van.

However I feel for those close by and it's clear that some calm and firm approach is now required to close this matter.

There was a poster much earlier in the thread who suggested who to contact in respect of noise, sanitation, fumes etc.

It sounds like the early hours of this morning were an ideal time to contact the police if the desired outcome was to have the occupants' misdemeanours brought to account. It may turn out that last night at a 'location' is when they party...

Agree with KK.

If it were me, I'd have gone round to express my feelings about the party and the peeing last night while it was happening, failing that as bright and early as possible this morning. Then again, I'd have gone round days ago had their engine been running for hours every evening outside my house. Those are the things which would render my tolerance void.

I agree with KK too. Earlier comments made all kinds of assumptions about the van people before anything had happened. Last night though they clearly cuased disturbance, so that makes for a different situation. Did anyone call Southwark Noise Team then? Or go and speak to the van people to ask them to stop the noise?

???? Wrote:

> ..or Sue she's up for it.

>

>

xxxxxxx

Don't know what gave you that impression :))

If someone in my road was causing that sort of noise and aggro in the early hours, whether in a van or a house, and after a while it was still continuing, I'd call Southwark Noise Control - as suggested in my earlier post.