Shots fired on Lacon Road ( incl. Police Appeal for information)

pep

Lacon Road was closed with police tape at 10pm tonight, Saturday, and at least three patrol cars were present. An officer told me residents of a house had heard shots - and two 'casings' had been found, presumably from handgun bullets. Dogs were searching for more at the time.

No-one hurt. But did anyone see or hear anything that could be connected? A mystery, and not what you want on your way to the shop...

I was in my back garden which backs onto Lacon rd , and heard a motor bike scream down the road and thought it had back fired twice ! Which had set off car alarms !!!! I thought this happened around 7.30 just before I went back inside. I didn't even think about it until I saw the road was closed when I went to the shop half an hour ago...

Lordy, I thought I was going mad last night! I was in the kitchen and looked up because I heard one bike go past very fast, and then I saw at least one more hare by with the rider's hand outstretched and several bangs. My first instinct was that it was a shooting but it happened so fast and I saw no detail. My boyfriend and I concluded it must have been the bike backfiring as it wasn't hugely loud... Sounded a bit like firecrackers.

this really takes the piss, what is this, Compton?!

frequency of knife and firearm incidents are really on the increase, maybe not in absolute terms but no spilling over into areas that are regarded as less 'front line'.

lets hope they can crack down sharpish.

glad no one was hurt at least, this time.

• Administrator

The police have asked me to put up this appeal:

On Saturday 26th March at 1945hrs a firearms incident occurred in Lacon Road SE22. No persons were injured as a result of this. Could anyone who saw/heard or has any information regarding this incident please contact Detective Constable Jane Mallia from Operation Trident on 020 8785 8580.

Your help is appreciated.

primadonut Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Lordy, I thought I was going mad last night! I was

> in the kitchen and looked up because I heard one

> bike go past very fast, and then I saw at least

> one more hare by with the rider's hand

> outstretched and several bangs. My first instinct

> was that it was a shooting but it happened so fast

> and I saw no detail. My boyfriend and I concluded

> it must have been the bike backfiring as it wasn't

Please please contact the police about what you saw.

> hugely loud... Sounded a bit like firecrackers.