Parties at DHFC - noise

MellowYellow

It's shows a total disregard to local residents. The very loud party/music event has been taking place for the past three Sundays. I too have sent a complaint to Southwark Council & Liam Hickly, Commercial Manager at DHFC.

I have asked DHFC to confirm how many complaints they have received over the past three weeks & if there are any more of these music events planned. I have asked Liam Hinckley at DHFC to read all the comments everyone has made on this page.

At present DHFC you have lost my local support!!!!!!

Swit and bold Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> It's shows a total disregard to local residents.

> The very loud party/music event has been taking

> place for the past three Sundays. I too have sent

> a complaint to Southwark Council & Liam Hickly,

> Commercial Manager at DHFC.

> I have asked DHFC to confirm how many complaints

> they have received over the past three weeks & if

> there are any more of these music events planned.

> I have asked Liam Hinckley at DHFC to read all the

> comments everyone has made on this page.

>

> At present DHFC you have lost my local

> support!!!!!!

You are right it is totally unacceptable but any venue hire is not down to DHFC it is the owners (Meadow) who have an appointed GM of the site who looks after the day to day running! [email protected]

Hello All,

I'm a volunteer at the club, wanted to clarify a few things as well as empathise as I could/can hear it too (through closed windows, the other side of north cross road!)

The noise today, like last weekend has been from the astroturf behind the ground. There was a charity game today for the victims of the Freetown Mudslides and floods in Sierra Leone today, but we're sure this is to do with parties just behind the club.

Unfortunatly, it's totally out of the hands of the football committee and the football side of things all together. Our owners and the company that run ground have decided to take on a commercial venture to make money out of the astroturf, and without any consultation have began running events there.

I can assure you that everyone involved in the running of the club on a football level are as annoyed, and are suffering too (although not to the same window shaking levels!). [email protected] if the GM - so do drop him a line (he works for the company that run the commercial side of things, who booked these events). I'm sure Liam the chairman will do his best and the Supporters trust will no doubt be making their voice heard too.

I know this message doesn't go very far to ease the situation tonight, but please know that as a club we're all determined this won't be allowed to happen again. To that end I heard from Chris this evening that all future events have been cancelled.

Hi all - Chris has responded to an email I sent him:

"Firstly I would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused - thank you for taking the time to correspond with me and make me aware of the noise levels. I have today had a charity event forced on me by the football management along with the Astro Turf session. I completely agree that the noise levels are not acceptable at all.

I will be pulling the event and there will be no future events like this held on the astro turf - I have spoken to a number of residents for the fist time today, which is disappointing from my point of view as had I had an earlier complaints or correspondence I would have stopped this sooner. I have been monitoring noise levels and when I pop over to the site it gets a quieter, obviously it is going back up when I come back into the club.

I would again like to apologise, and I can assure you no further events of this nature will be taking place on the Astro Turf."

I think it died down at around 9:30pm to 10:00pm last night but was insanely ridiculous prior to that. The bass was just shaking every house in the Abbottswood area at least.

I managed to get through to the council at around 8pm and they said they've had so many calls and had been out there several times but they can't do anything. They were advising people to call the police on 999. I had to remind them this was unacceptable advice as that's an emergency number and equally, it's not for police resources to be used for this.

Will be emailing the council and DHFC about this today

I emailed Chris last night and he responded quickly to apologise and agree the noise was too much. He said he went round to check the volume from time to time but it seemed to become quieter when he was there. He has assured me that due to the number of complaints he will be pulling this event from the AstroTurf and it won't go ahead again.

Cancelling future parties after acknowledging it was too loud is welcome and sensible.

Booking such event(s) in a densely-populated area, knowing that making excessively loud noise was the actual aim and

not just a side-effect is utterly cavalier, selfish and ignorant. So much for "community values".

Jeees - that was loud yesterday. Couldn't sit in the garden (Trossachs/Thorncombe Road)

I didn't go over and see what was happening yesterday, but I saw them setting up for something similar the previous week (10 Sept) when I was out walking the dog on Greendale fields. However, it was bucketing down with rain so I guess it was cancelled then.

Seriously - whoever at DHFC thought this was a good idea ?

To be clear: as has been stated above, yesterday the footballing side of things at Dulwich Hamlet organised a charity match between 4pm and 6.30pm in support of those suffering as a result of the August mudslides in Sierra Leone.

This was an initiative that came from a number of Dulwich Hamlet players and coaches, was supported by the Football Committee and the Supporters? Trust, and was very much in line with the community values of the club.

The other event was allowed to happen by the current owners. It may seem like a technical difference but it isn?t. It is, in fact, fundamental to the future of Dulwich Hamlet where the aim is for it to be owned by its supporters and run in the interests of the club and the local community.

Dulwichgirl82 Wrote:

> Is it possible to get some idea of what the noise

> team can actually do, as I thought (possibly

> wrongly) they could shut things down but yesterday

> it seems as if they can ask nicely but if they

> don't comply that's it?

Reading this thread it seems that there may have been illegal intimidation that prevented our Southwark employees from doing their statutory function. If so, this is a police matter.

Edhistory yes that what I got, but I wondered why they wouldn't call the police themselves rather than advising residents to, as I would imagine this is something of a common problem in their line of work. I guess I'm just concerned that if this happens again (hopefully not) that ultimately they can't actually stop it.

TD Wrote:

> I managed to get through to the council at around

> 8pm and they said they've had so many calls and

> had been out there several times but they can't do

> anything. They were advising people to call the

> police on 999. I had to remind them this was

> unacceptable advice as that's an emergency number

> and equally, it's not for police resources to be

> used for this.

If, as seems to be the case from various reports above, the organizers and/or participants were intimidating council officials who went to assess the situation to the extent that they withdrew and refused to send anyone else, I would have thought that would be a police matter (though not, I agree, a 999 shout).