Accident on Lorship Lane today

From what I gather from hubby - no buses are coming up LL and being terminated at the roundabout at Goose Green.

Hubby currently walking home. have not seen any 12 or 197 so imagine these are terminating at the Rye.

Wondered why LL seemed extra busy with walkers.

Hit and run - the road is closed. The driver shot off with a smashed windscreen and they have not located the car or driver.

The victim is in a bad way and has just gone into surgery. The guy was just on his way home innocently crossing the road. He was really concerned about putting his shoes back on - in complete shock. This is such an awful awful tragedy, it really hits home when you are caught up in it.

I pray he will pull through.

Slightly odd, I was there when it happened (sneaky pint in plough), the guy was hit and then within three-five mins the helicopter, plus 4 ambulances, and 8 squad cars were onsite, plus plain clothes coppers. Happily the guy was sitting up, though seemed in bad way - you dont really want to look. All I can imagine was the car that did the hit and run was being followed before accident either that or the police, ambulances etc were on top form...

On the way home tonight, at 5.45-ish, saw a bemused looking van driver looking a the front of his smashed Transit Connect at the top of DKHill, with the front wheel completely ripped off. No sign of any other vehicles involved, but an unmarked police Mondeo came blasting past as I rode down towards LL.

I thought that helicopter was about to land on my roof it was that close, I could see the pilots face quite clearly from my kitchen window.

Amazing skill landing as it did, great job - well done.

Hope the injured person is ok

Hi all

They landed slap bang in the middle of the junction - cool flying.

It was a hit and run - hence large Police presence - it was being treated as a scene of crime

Police said not life threatening so fingers crossed for bloke invovled - cyclist

best to all

Nicholas Spears Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> anyone know if it did happen when police in

> pursuit? if so that would help explain the

> long-term closure, as a police inquiry would have

> to take place to see if they were at fault...

Police pursuit would also explain almost instantaneous response from the boys in blue. I mean, they don't turn out that quickly for shootings - and this was an RTA.