Does ED need an M&S? Say yes.....!

Frankito

How about a Jazz Piano Bar while we're at it.

( squeezed in between M&S and Wtrs of course )

It could have newspapers on sticks and serve "Brunch" anytime x 5 ways, with a faux colonial fan/palms/blinds decor.

Oh and a bell would ring when someone tipped the barman.( nice eh )

Ooo ooo and camels tied up outside, y'know to use as "eco" taxis.

Lastly, dresscode; chinos,polo/rugger shirt & deckshoes.

Yes, how about it ?

Nette(6)

Im too busy organising the ED " why dont our gifted and talented middle class kids get the support they need in a school that is becoming more proletarian by the day and probably now run by communists and loony left Political correctists" group.

What with that and running the "ED Beach huts in Whitstable and Guardian lickspittle glamping" group, I'm all grouped out

Frankito Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I am not feeling the love for M&S in ED. Shame...

You're obviously going about it the wrong way Frank. In the 21st century only direct action is effective. May I suggest a Stokes Croft style riot with the post modern twist that you would be trying to force M&S INto ED rather than Tesco out.

Hunger strikes (that's not just a saline/glucose drip... that's an M&S saline/glucose drip) could attract press interest and a series of vox pop pieces where tv reporter is scandalised at 10 year olds not knowing what an artichoke/goji berry/venezuelan beaver's cheese* looks like will surely bring about the necessary revolution.

*yes i know... shameless.

There's an M&S practically next door to where I work: I can confirm that their wines are neither better nor more competively priced than the places that already sell wine along LL, Nicholas and the other place whose name escapes me.

M&S - dear God, no. Not only am I not a fan of ready meals that all very quickly start to taste the same, but I find it rather disquieting that they trumpet their newly discovered health and eco credentials while maintaining their stores at close to freezing despite the open doors.

Waitrose, on the other hand... All companies should treat their employees the way Waitrose does - still running a non-contributory final-salary pension scheme I notice.

I have thought long and hard about this and come to the following conclusion

"I wish all those East Dulwich residents that want LL lane to be full of branded corportae chains that price out the independents would feck off to Bromley"