Did you pick up a beige suit from Spot Dry Cleaners last Saturday?

I'm coming out of forum retirement to make a desperate plea...

Last Saturday someone collected MrJ's beige summer suit from Spot Dry Cleaners, on Lordship Lane near the Plough, by mistake instead of his own.

After a week of fobbing us off, the owner has today admitted that he knows the man's name and possibly his address (he thinks he lives on Woodwarde Road) but actually has no way of contacting him.

The suit is a beige, silk-linen, Charles Tyrwhitt summer suit with a 40 inch jacket and 34x34 trousers (a completely different size to the one left behind, so won't be any good to whoever's got it and might be a nasty surprise if they don't realise until they come to wear it!)

I know it's not the end of the world and the cleaner has reluctantly agreed to pay if it doesn't turn up, but it's a really nice suit and he'd really just like it back.

So, if you collected a suit from Spot Dry Cleaners last Saturday, especially if you live on Woodwarde, please check you've got the right one and if not PM me, or just take it back to the cleaners. Thanks.

ps Mr Admin, sir, I wasn't sure this was the right place for this, but I took the chance, sorry if I'm wrong!

I thought about it when I fisrt posted, puzzled, but I didn't quite feel right about putting someones name and street name on a public forum.

I did have a look at the electoral register yesterday (thanks to a handy PM tip) and can't find anyone of the name he gave us on Woodwarde, so he may actually have no idea who's got it.

annaj Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

>

> I did have a look at the electoral register

> yesterday (thanks to a handy PM tip) and can't

> find anyone of the name he gave us on Woodwarde,

> so he may actually have no idea who's got it.

xxxxxx

Did you try googling the name and SE22? No idea if anything would come up, but worth a try maybe?

To be fair if you posted their name and street that's no different from when wrongly delivered post is posted to reunite it with it's owner- has been done a number of times and no complaints that I'm aware of. You can't so much sinister with a name and street address...

• 2 years later...

OP, especially given that this suit is a different size to your other half's, it is bound to be returned to the dry cleaners - whoever has it will have no interest in keeping it and they will certainly want theirs back. Even if they do not notice for a while, they are bound to go back to the same dry cleaners (it sounds like they are a regular) with some different dry cleaning.

I would sit tight - you will get it back.

I speak with experience too - this happened to me with a dry cleaners in Islington.

Well after three years they might have given up......

llyamah Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> OP, especially given that this suit is a different

> size to your other half's, it is bound to be

> returned to the dry cleaners - whoever has it will

> have no interest in keeping it and they will

> certainly want theirs back. Even if they do not

> notice for a while, they are bound to go back to

> the same dry cleaners (it sounds like they are a

> regular) with some different dry cleaning.

>

> I would sit tight - you will get it back.

>

> I speak with experience too - this happened to me

> with a dry cleaners in Islington.

Huh, an email notification of new posts on my thread on the EDF. Well, that's a blast from the past.

Thanks, llyamah, and for the PM, but it was three years ago.

Sorry not to have updated, I hope no-one has been losing sleep over MrJ's lost suit, but we got it back not long after a posted. And not much longer after that moved out of ED.