Good fitness DVDs??

Hi there,

I am currently on day 18 of one called 'The 30 day shred'

It is put together by Jillian Michaels, the trainer from The Biggest Loser in America.

It is 20 minutes long, has 3 different levels that you go through throughout the month, and i am finding it is toning up quite a lot of 'untoned' (to put it nicely) areas.

I got it for ?5 off ebay and am really enjoying it (well as much as you can enjoy putting yourself through pain :)

Goodluck with the search

I reckon most of the 'I'm a celeb I'll do a fitness dvd' versions are a bit suspect - I prefer someone who you know keeps and stays fit, so my vote would go with any of Davina or Nell McAndrew's dvds. I've done lots of Davina - and they are good (if a little irritating after 100 renditions).

Any (like above) done by 'actual' trainers should be fab.

Good luck!

Strong Body, Ageless Body with Erin O'Brien is good, no nonsense and I like her style. Easy to follow but gives a good workout. She has a very good pregnancy workout DVD that I used to do so I decided to get this one and it does not dissapoint. But dont get it if you want high production values and music it is simply filmed at her house (I think).

Belly Blitz is great if you want to tone your tum (and would be very effective too if I actually got round to doing it!)

Tracy Anderson Mat Workout is good but I find her a bit grating.

I love the Mari Winsor pilates workouts. I know those work and they are short and easy to do in the evening.

I am a bit of a fitness DVD fanatic - if only one got fit by simply owning the DVDs!

I can't recommend the Claire Nasir Bootcamp DVD enough - absolutely brilliant! I lost 4 pounds the first week I did it and it was actual inches off the thighs! I've just started running again but I actually think I prefer doing the DVD - it's interval training and seems to make me feel better afterwards than even a good old fashioned run!