Forest Hill Road Shops

fleur

Apologies if there's another thread on this but why are the pavement works not sorted out here by now? The kerbside is also disrupted & there is a large half covered ditch filled with water outside the old French Cafe. Isn't this a concern for the local shopkeepers too as it must affect their businesses. It is unsafe & unsightly. It would be good if this stretch of shops got a bit of attention. Is there a member of Southwark Council responsible?

Interesting to hear bsand's view that Forest Hill Road isn't in East Dulwich. Very useful thinking.

On the same basis, the forum shouldn't carry threads referring to Crystal Palace Road.

We could also exclude Chesterfield Grove and the other Derbyshire streets, plus Trossachs, Glengarry and Tarbet.

And people in Delft Way, Deventer Crescent and Hilversum Crescent should be made to post their issues on a Dutch forum.

All in all, a fine idea - should prevent EDF overload.

For the avoidance of doubt, Forest Hill Road leads towards Forest Hill, as Oxford Street leads towards Oxford. Forest Hill could have had an East Dulwich St. But chose not to. As it was already called Forest Hill Road! (Actually of course the major route into Forest Hill is London Road. Which earlier in its career is Lordship Lane).

Yes, a group effort would be a good idea. Local businesses can really benefit from working together to create a cohesive frontage. I guess everyone involved is working hard to run day to day. Perhaps no-one feels they benefit.

True. You would think the shops would be worried about someone having an accident on their land. The Galleon has terrible pock marks outside it and that ditch with the building work is very dodgy. I wonder who paid for or supported the painted bollards back on the day. They could do with a revamp and there must have been a joint effort at some point in time to orchestrate that.

leur Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Yes, a group effort would be a good idea. Local

> businesses can really benefit from working

> together to create a cohesive frontage. I guess

> everyone involved is working hard to run day to

> day. Perhaps no-one feels they benefit.

I suspect the only shops who would be concerned would be those that want to use the space in question for their business - typically restaurants and caf?s.

Outside The Galleon, by the traffic lights, there used to be a rather good greengrocer's hut. The pavement in that area has never been right since it was removed.

I commented about those ruddy bollards on a previous occasion. I agree with Clifton - i don't have vested interest perhaps all i can do is raise the issue with powers that be. I will check on CGF funding.http://www.southwark.gov.uk/engagement-and-consultations/grants-and-funding/cleaner-greener-safer

• 7 months later...