The Nunhead Peckham SE15 Forum has grown!

kleinhond

By popular demand, our remit now includes the whole of the SE15 postcode area.

The rapidly growing NHF now covers all of Nunhead and Peckham, and is London's longest running SE15 forum - now expanded to include a new Family section as requested by our membership:

We welcome all ED members who live, work or pass through SE15.

http://nunheadforum.co.uk/forum/index.php

Don't descriptives such as 'rapidly growing' and 'by popular demand' look slightly absurd when half the posts on the first page in The Lounge were made sometime back in 2010?

I've popped along from time to time for a look, but it's like going into an Angus Steak House, only with plastic chairs.

I think you'd do better with a more realistic plea.

Please join the Nunhead Forum. It's dead on its ass. If more people joined, it might get better.

Funny things though forums.... What makes one succeed and another fail? On the face of it there's no reason why a neighbouring spot could equal or better the EDF. I've always thought it's in the foundation of the administration (credible, neutral, assertive with a touch of wit). Then you need small team of (unpaid) volunteers behind that to give you the man power to deal with the daily idiots, bots, spammers etc that threaten measured content. And then you still need to attract a critical mass of a range of posters who'll make it all worth reading.

The EDF started with most of that in place. The admin here have had the odd slip up but have managed to get lot more right and continue to do...mostly unpaid.

Take a peek at other local forums and the admin is clumsy, over firm and often small minded. They are a void of life and run by men with golf jumpers and a Magic Tree in the car.

Huguenot Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I registered on a well known local forum as

> Huguenot a couple of years back.

>

> I was declined.

Hi Huguenot,

I'm not sure what happened there as I've only been running the NHF for a year, but you are very welcome to re-register and I shall make sure I look out for you.

kleinhond Wrote:

> Huguenot Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > I registered on a well known local forum as

> > Huguenot a couple of years back.

> >

> > I was declined.

>

>

> Hi Huguenot,

>

> I'm not sure what happened there as I've only been

> running the NHF for a year, but you are very

> welcome to re-register and I shall make sure I

> look out for you.

I think you are mistaken kh. H mentioned a well known local forum. Must be another one.

I just had a look on that forum and I think my hangover is getting worse. Boring, drab, lacking any moreish factor whatsoever, it is the very poor cousin to our very beautiful, entertaining and dynamic EDF. God I wanna marry this forum.

katie1997 Wrote:

> We welcome all ED members who live, work or pass

> through SE15.

>

> I'm moving to a remote island off the Outer

> Hebrides. Can I join please?

That's quite a commute in store for you then!

I see that - having not posted on the Nunhead forum lounge for two days - in fact NOBODY has posted on the Nunhead forum lounge in two days - you have accepted that the Nuhead malaise is terminal and posted here instead. I just popped in there and got knocked down by tumbleweed.

There have been 12 NHF threads that members have posted in either today or yesterday. Only The Lounge subforum was last posted in two days ago, but it's always been the quietest part of the NHF as most people are clearly concerned with local and important issues rather than a load of waffle from people who need to get out more :)-D