Beware! Darren Tomlinson - Elite Tilers

Skin_deep

Sean Of Dulwich, do you actually personally know Darren Tomlinson, or have any experience of his work? Asking because I find your comments rather pointless and unhelpful. I have no connection with him at all, just commenting on your strange contributions to this thread.

I'm sorry - but why are you singling Sean out? The OP really shouldn't be airing such things on a forum, purely with this intent of destroying someone.

There are always two sides to a story and when you only put part of the facts across to secure empathy in your own viewpoint, it's not really going to work is it.

In response to Darren Tomlinson's (the professional) personal attack on me:

Darren wrote:

Now to you Skin_deep. Firstly, as you mentioned I did another job for you that you were more than happy with. So much so, you had me do the work in question at your own home. We approached this job as ?friends? and the price given was ?mates rates?. However, the job should?ve been completed but we?ll get to the reason it wasn?t in due course. So the first day two of us came to start the work, you had a front door being fitted by another ?friend? which you failed to mention until we turned up that morning. There was no way we could start so we agreed to start the following day. I didn?t charge you for the loss of earnings, in fact I didn?t even complain! The following day we couldn?t get access because you were asleep until around 9.30. We then had to wait around for you and your partner to get yourselves and your son ready before we could start (I?m sure he should?ve been at school!). Oh and while we?re on the subject of sons, I should never have to explain my personal/private life to anyone, and not that it?s anyones business other than my own and my family?s, you?ve left me no choice. My son is 12 but he was born 12 weeks premature. His organs, especially his lungs were underdeveloped, which unfortunately means he may be in and out of hospital for the rest of his life. I don?t know what excuses you use for not going to work (Oh actually I do considering you?re son was still at home at 10.30 on a weekday, and I heard you on the phone to your boss!), but I would never use my son?s health as one. Anyway, when we were able to make a start, your house was already messy! You expected me and my tiler to move your belongings including over 50 full 2 litre bottles of water from where we were expected to tile. Now that?s one and a half days already lost. As well as my son going into hospital, I had a lot of other work on. You already cost me a lot time and money which I didn?t complain about, but I?m not here to move my schedule around to suit your needs. My only mistake was my lack of communication with you for which I can be forgiven for and shouldn?t be judged as they were very hard times and believe me there were a lot more important people ahead of you on that list of people I lacked communication with. I took the ?300 you left out of the ?about ?300/?350? I charged you for the work because there wasn?t much left to do, I thought the job would be completed by my tiler that day. My tools were left at your house (tools worth more than ?500 I hasten to add!), and are still in your possession which shows I had every intention to return and have the work completed. With regards to your keys and contacting the police, I hope you mentioned what you do for a living, and why your house got broken into. I don?t drive but I told you that you could pick them up at any time. I posted the keys through your neighbours letterbox as requested in the text message you felt the need to share, and to suggest I ?dumped them on their doorstep!? is quite frankly unbelievable! To also suggest I?m a crook is ridiculous, offensive and very rich coming from you considering what I know about you! Please can you arrange to have my tools dropped off? Otherwise I?ll be forced to call the Police to seek guidance on how to get them back.

Dear Darren:

Firstly I would like to say it is really quite unprofessional and petty to try and personally attack me. The day you arrived you was well aware that I had someone coming to fit the door as well. You left to go and do another job, in fact you spent about 3 hours in Fox on The Hill pub!

You say I left my kitchen messy, however I offered to move stuff when you came round to quote me, you said "don't worry Il sort that out". Also, you said you would do my tiles in exchange for accountancy advice. I politely declined and said please charge me for the job, nobody asked for mates rates. It is your own silly fault if you undercharged.

FYI everyone, I am a bookkeeper and work for a Fashion Photography Agency. I have no idea what Darren is referring to regarding 'my living'. I was burgled because another tenant left the block door open and I was away for the weekend which made my flat an easy target. I find your comments on this quite weird Darren.

You turned up the following day at 9.30, you did not need to wait for me to wake up at all. Plus you had a key??? Very surreal comments you make about me talking to my boss on the phone, I didn't realise I paid you to eavesdrop as well?. On that particular day my son had an appointment at CAMS at 10am, he was not required to be in school until after this.

As everyone can see from the messages attached to this post, Darren was offered the opportunity to collect his tools when he dropped my key. It is his own stupid fault that he didn't. Darren, I googled how much your tools are worth - the electric mixer is ?80 and tile cutter is so old it is hardly worth a thing. Please feel free to contact the police for guidance. I am sure they would love to hear all about it.

If you would like me to post our whole conversation thread from start to finish on here I am more then happy to do so. I find it really quite sad that you decided to try and personally attack me. My post was regarding your ability as a tradesman, to respond in such a vile way says a lot about the type of person you are.

Please be aware:

After posting this on the forum I have had 3 people private message me regarding Darren Tomlinson - I am not the only person he has messed around.