Copleston Centre Playgroup

For all of you who do use or would like to use the Copleston Centre Playgroup - we are looking for volunteers to help run the playgroup!

It is currently run by two local mums, Laurie and Jane, who keep the playgroup going every week. Now they both have toddlers and little ones to look after and are looking for help from existing/new users to help keep the playgroup running as they are unable to commit to being able to attend every Tuesday, as they do now.

What does it involve?

You need to help open up and get all the toys out, provide some snacks (usually fruit and biscuits - no expense to you as reclaimed from the ?1 entrance fee), generally boss people about into tidying up and lock-up at the end - not too much really.

If we get enough volunteers then we could run a rota system which would mean that people would only have to do it, say, once a month. Obviously, the more volunteers we get the more we can spread teh responsibility and ideally we'd pair people up to make sure there was support for each volunteer.

If we don't get enough volunteers then it's doubtful that the playgroup will be able to carry on as a weekly group which would be a real shame as it is well used by local people.

If you would like to volunteer, or want to know more about it please PM me.

Thanks in advance,

Tara

Just wanted to say, I use this group on a semi-regular basis and it's great. It's one of the best for big open indoor space for the toddlers to run about and play in, and has nice little areas for babies. So great if you have more than 1 little one or a toddler/baby combo.

Sadly I'm moving in a few months, which will mean it will be too far for me to attend, but otherwise I would have put myself forward. I hope it doesn't close and you can find some local mums x

Thanks Gussy - yes it is a really good playgroup in terms of the amount of space there is and seems especially popular for people with both toddlers and little ones.

Also, lots of childminders and nannies attend so if any mums or dads know that their childminder/nannies go and would be willing to help then please ask them to contact me, Jane or Laurie at the group.

• 4 months later...

Hi all

I'm resurrecting this thread in the hope that there are some volunteers out there that can help keep this group going!

Tara posted asking people to contact any of us at the group if you could help out, and although there were a few people mentioned that they might be able to help, nothing actually came to fruition, and so following my return to work (boo!) Laurie has ended up having to open up every week... not easy some days with toddler and young baby in tow!

It would be fantastic if we could get a few local mums - either regulars at the centre, or newbies, to help out getting out toys and doing snacks (rice cakes, fruit, biscuits) as Laurie will sadly no longer be able to do it in the new year due to toddler starting nursery. It really worked well in previous years when there was a bank of about 10 mums who rotated the responsibilty - it would be great to get that going again. Sadly, if we don't manage to get any help with it, we might have to close the group :( and it's one of the few groups which keeps going all year round!

Please, please help! PM me if you might be able to spare a Tuesday morning a month! We usually do it in pairs as it makes for light work, so feel free to volunteer with a friend.

Jane

My faith is restored! People PM'ing already, please keep coming! More people = less work = more benefit for all mums, toddlers and babies who use the centre!

Forgot to mention - when it's your turn, you obviously don't pay the ?1 suggested donation to the centre, and take the money you spend on snacks from the donation money. The rest goes to the upkeep of the Church. It's lovely and warm in the centre during winter too, despite it's size.

Hi all, just a quick note to say thanks to the few ladies who have responded, and to let you all know that group is on tomorrow from 10-12 as usual (thanks to Tara & Bea!).

I will be there from 09:30 if anyone who would like to volunteer would like to call in (anytime from then upto 12), and I would be happy to show you round and introduce you to some of the other mums.

Hope to see you there, Jane

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...