Darling, your socks are in the freezer... and other things you thought you'd never say!

Darling, your socks are in the freezer... and other things you thought you'd never say... Like, Get that bog brush out of your mouth. Or, Sudocrem is not for breakfast.

Following on from having a whinge-free day, perhaps we can all share a few unusual anecdotes about parenthood? No matter how young/old your children are, or what parenting style you follow, we've all surely found ourselves doing/saying things we never could have imagined.

While recently 'helping' me to put away laundry, Little Saff put a pair of her Daddy's socks in the freezer drawer. I was too busy at the time to get them out again. Later when my husband asked where his socks were, I had to confess that they were in the freezer!

Not what I would say but what I?m forced to wear (the other sunhat from his Next two pack). He has the blue star version, I get the (I feel slightly inferior) green ?Mummy where is your hat?? ?But I?m driving/in the supermarket ? do I really have to wear it?? ?MUMMY HAT ON!?

I don?t mind looking like a fool in my own house to please a 2 year old ? ?Mummy beard! Mummy beard!? (my white foam bubble bath beard he likes me to don every evening) it?s just in public I feel a tiny bit silly.

Edited to say: I try and stand firm whenever he requests me to wear a bib.

• 1 month later...
Just resuscitating this after a funny bath time where the phrases 'no, get you face out of the sh*t darling' (LO span round so fast his nappy was still on the mat) and 'ohhh mummy doesn't really like being wee-ed on' (as LO stands naked on me to be able to peer over side of bath to watch the water fill) were used much to both our amusement!

Small boy: "Mummy, I have a treat for you".

Me, glowing with gratitude: "Really? What is it?" I say with a big grin.

Small boy: "It's in the toilet! It's a giant poo!" laughs hysterically. "And I didn't wipe my bum!" More laughter.

Me, deflated but always happy to see the boy laugh: "Thank you! I've always wanted a giant poo, and I love scrubbing undies!"

So this is what it's come to. Maybe parenthood really IS all $hits and giggles?