> Well said LG, nice to know there are Gooners who

> know what support actually means...you should post

> on here more often :)

> Fergie once got the bird from Utd fans after his

> first 3 seasons when we seemed to be going

> backwards not forwards.

> But after what he has since achieved I too would

> be disgusted if that happened now. Wenger deserves

> far more respect than he got yesterday.

Patronsing bull shit and nothing less than I expect from you.

red devil Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Stamp it out...

Lets hope he does appeal and is successful. I don't recall the same hue and cry being raised after the recent horror tackles from Glenn Johnson and Lampard. Some cycnics might argue its because they are England squad players and had a baring on the refs decision. If the footballing authorities in this country want to be taken seriously they should have accepted Rooneys international ban and not appealed against it. Double standards at work?

red devil Wrote:

As a fan of the club since 1968, I refuse to follow a manager or group of players blindly or without question. To do so would give the illusion that as a group we feel all is rosy when patently it is not. If you wish to blindly and sheepishly follow your manager and players that's your prerogative.

As for our run in the champions league this season, I'll be sitting the stand watching and enjoying it all the more knowing that for all the huge investment made by both Manchester clubs in the previous transfer window, you didn't qualify for the knock out stage. Wonder what the reaction would have been had that been Wenger.

red devil Wrote:

Thanks Red Devil - I don't find your remarks at all patronising.

TBH I get fed up of all the petty squabbling and dick swinging by the male forumites on this football thread - perhaps I will just learn to ignore all that and post more often!

Unlucky Palace, losing on pens is never nice.

In a bit of a dilemma about tonight's other semi-final...not a question of who I want to win, more like who do I want to lose more...as Citeh are more of a threat in the League I'll plump for them as the team I'd like to see lose, hopefully another tiring 90mins, extra time + pens...don't worry Liverpool fans, normal service will be resumed on Saturday ;-)

Ladygooner Wrote:

> red devil Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Well said LG, nice to know there are Gooners

> who

> > know what support actually means...you should

> post

> > on here more often :)

> > Fergie once got the bird from Utd fans after

> his

> > first 3 seasons when we seemed to be going

> > backwards not forwards.

> > But after what he has since achieved I too

> would

> > be disgusted if that happened now. Wenger

> deserves

> > far more respect than he got yesterday.

>

> Thanks Red Devil - I don't find your remarks at

> all patronising.

> TBH I get fed up of all the petty squabbling and

> dick swinging by the male forumites on this

> football thread - perhaps I will just learn to

> ignore all that and post more often!

I admire your fighting spirit maxxi, many have tried, but alas many have failed too...think Mockney 'Charlton Athletic' Piers, he too thought it would be one season on the Nunhead and Sydenham Southern Forum, but sadly he's now trawling the depths of the West Dulwich Forum...another relegation for him and total obscurity on the Herne Hill Forum beckons

So, Man City are not going to appeal against Mario Balotelli's four game ban. Anyone still think he's innocent? And Howard Webb says he didn't see the incident but TV replays clearly show him pointing to the offence. Perhaps he just didn't have the balls to send him off.

red devil Wrote:

> I admire your fighting spirit maxxi, many have

> tried, but alas many have failed too...think

> Mockney 'Charlton Athletic' Piers, he too thought

> it would be one season on the Nunhead and Sydenham

> Southern Forum, but sadly he's now trawling the

> depths of the West Dulwich Forum...another

> relegation for him and total obscurity on the

> Herne Hill Forum beckons

This was true up to August last year but since the WDF was reactivated it failed to attract the necessary interest and has been stripped of accreditation by the FA (Forum Association).

Rumours that two prominent members of the SFA (Sydenham Forum Association)were to be parachuted in to save it proved unfounded and as Mockney's status is Tevez-like in its uncertainty and possibilities all relegation/promotion issues have been postponed for a season.

*There has naturally been a 9 point deduction for presumptuousness and TWOC-ing*