Football Focus

jenniejenjen10

red devil Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Isn't Talksport full of self-opinionated put the

> world to rights nutjobs?...

>

> *sound of penny dropping*

That's the one, the only station that would give Southerner and rags fan Andy Goldstein his own show.

*sound of EDF rags fans growling*

Mick Mac Wrote:

> Who was your editor tonight Jah. He missed a few

> typos but we get the drift. Should be a super

> weekend. Wife and daughters are away. Just me and

> little Rory and he wants to watch all the sport

> going this weekend. He told me so imself.

Ha ha! I've just read it back. The sub editor has been fired for drinking on the job. So, the mice will play while the cat's away. Enjoy. Roll on Liverpool v Man Utd. That's going to be a bit tasty.

red devil Wrote:

> don't worry Liverpool fans, normal service will be resumed on Saturday ;-)

Yes, yes it will. ;-)

Gerrard very honest, Man U probably better team, but Liverpool did well, and took the goals when they were presented...

Man U need a new keeper!

Booing was harsh, but I don't think it can be labelled as condoning racism at all.

A lot of the fans feel that Suarez should never have been found guilty of racist conduct (but that discussion has been done to death). I also think Evra would have gotten similar treatment at most clubs, had Suarez played elsewhere.

Anyway, well pleased with that, as wasn't expecting a result. Nice to see Carroll in the thick of things too.

Parkdrive Wrote:

> Booing from the Liverpool fans for Evra,

> absolutely disgarceful. You should be ashamed of

> yourselves condoning racism. De Gea you are

> toilet!!!!!

You really think Arse's fans would have been any different? Many football fans at all clubs appear to come across as morons. They are judge and jury of anyone in the news who happens to play football.Liverpool's are no different.

De Gea needs time to develop.

Something on BBC website about police investigating a "racist gesture" from a supporter. Doesn't say who they support, but I guess it's more likely Liverpool (not because their fans are any more or less racist, but given some of the stick Evra got).

Alan Medic Wrote:

> Parkdrive Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Booing from the Liverpool fans for Evra,

> > absolutely disgarceful. You should be ashamed

> of

> > yourselves condoning racism. De Gea you are

> > toilet!!!!!

>

> You really think Arse's fans would have been any

> different? Many football fans at all clubs appear

> to come across as morons. They are judge and jury

> of anyone in the news who happens to play

> football.Liverpool's are no different.

>

> De Gea needs time to develop.

The Arsenal fans aren't the subject of discussion here, Liverpool "fans" are. "King" Kenny wearing that ridiculous Suarez shirt and allowing his players to the the same was ill advised and as it turns out has come back to bite him on his arse. If Arsenal fans ever stoop to such depths I'll be the first to slaughter them. Back to the matter in hand, Liverpool fans hang yout heads in shame igf to try to excuse, expalin away, or condone the booing. Shameful.

Pathetic yes, but "condoning racism", I don't think so.

Don't get me wrong, I am sure there were a number of brainless racist morons in amongst the crowd (as I'm sure there are at most football matches), but for the most part AM has it right. You got our player banned, so Boo to you.

Pathetic yes, but not as sinister as I think some are trying to suggest.

Some would say have said that booing was acceptable as long as it didn't become racist abuse-

"They have a responsibility to support the team, to boo the opposition, to try and put the opposition off in a fair and legal way, and that is what I expect from both Liverpool and Manchester United fans on Saturday. As long as there are no racist connotations towards their abuse, then I don?t see a problem." John Barnes in the Liverpool Echo

Otta Wrote:

> Pathetic yes, but "condoning racism", I don't

> think so.

>

> Don't get me wrong, I am sure there were a number

> of brainless racist morons in amongst the crowd

> (as I'm sure there are at most football matches),

> but for the most part AM has it right. You got our

> player banned, so Boo to you.

>

> Pathetic yes, but not as sinister as I think some

> are trying to suggest.

You got our player banned? And why has he been banned? For racist abuse yes? Hence my remarks that the booing was a disgrace and shameful.

Otta Wrote:

> "condoning racism"

I'm struggling to find out what exactly Evra did wrong to deserve the boos. He was within his rights to take his complaint of racism to the FA and Suarez was banned for 8 games as a result of a fair hearing.

To boo Evra is actually condoning racism.

If you are AGAINST racism, why, and in what world, would booing Evra today be "okay"

Evra is no saint and I dislike the man as much as any Arsenal fan, but to pretend that the extended and unusual booing today was for anything other than the fact the he complained he was racially abused, was found by a tribunal to be correct is in any way "normal".. well.. I;d like to know if it wasn't racism, what was it?

But maybe Evra is different to Ferdinand. maybe booing Evra is a more matey version of sending someone a bullet in the post

look it - Evra and Ferdinand were at the end of some verbals or worse. |Whatver the rights and wrongs of what happens to Terry and Suarez, what the heck has that got to do with Evra and Ferdinand? Why are they being singled out for these incidents?

@SJ,

I'm not sure who you're referring to as 'you'. My view on this thread have always been that Evra has acted with integrity in tackling racism issue and I'm outraged that he should be subjected to boos just because he exercised his rights. Liverpool as a football club have handled the situation very badly by turning a legitimate complaint into a 'world against Suarez' and 'club against' issues. Not all Liverpool fans are racist but I can't help feeling that a minority have taken their cue from the club's own behaviour.

Okay firstly, I'm feeling a bit like people are suggesting that I am condoning racism here, and not "AGAINST" it as Strafer put it.

If that is what anyone here thinks, then I'm not going to try and defend myself to you.

What I am trying to explain to you is that a lot of people at football matches aren't overly bright, and they will follow "Their" team pretty much blindly, and will never believe their hero to be guilty.

In my opinion, Suarez admitted what he said, and it was down to interpretation. The hearing decided how they interpreted it, and so he was banned. I personally don't know, and have never claimed to know what Suarez really meant that day, and the only person who really truly knows is Suarez.

The fans that were booing Evra today, and singing "one Suarez" believe their man is innocent, and were booing Evra because they believe he made false accusations against their man.

I am not agreeing with them, but that is why they were booing, so it was not in their hearts condoning racism.

If they believed Suarez was guilty, and booed Suarez, then that WOULD BE condoning racism, but the point is they BELIEVE (perhaps misguidedly) that there man as been wronged.

If anything, you rate them with too much insight. It's stupid terrace tribalism, and I'd bet money that groups of fans of any other club would have done the exact same thing in the circumstances.