Football Focus

jenniejenjen10

Mick Mac Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

>

> I'm hoping Arsenal will have more staying power

> this season - they could drop a gear and still win

> most matches. Even the Invincibles did not play

> the quality of football they play at the moment.

>

> I think Song is the best replacement to date for

> Vierra and he, Arshavin, Fabregas and Vaermalen

> will be a very strong spine for the whole season.

Agree with you on Song (One Song, we've only got one Song), but as for outplaying the Invincibles, not sure about that, they included the wonderful Bobby Pires, TH14, PV4, Cashely Hole et al. Beautiful in different ways.

Disappointing result but happy with the Liverpool performance. I thought it was a penalty on first sight but clearly a terrible dive by N'gog but then again that was never a free kick for their first goal. At least Liverpool played football tonight and was a great game to watch on TV.

Matt, Very honest of you to admit about the dive. Obviously gutted that you got the draw that way but given the possession and chances, I can't complain. Roger Johnson and Scott Dann were tremendous at the heart of defence. Given your overall dominance, Hart still didn't have to make many saves. And did anyone take my advice on the 4/1 for the draw (I'm too superstitious to bet on my own team). Run of games now against Fulham, Wolves, Wigan, West Ham and Blackburn - could go a long way towards safety in those five games.

Tbh I don't really give a monkey's about finishing in top 4 if we are not winning title because as Bill Shankly said:

"I remember seeing an American gangster film, and one of the characters said, 'Foist is foist and second is nut'n.' Then he took his gun and shot a bloke. Not many can be first in football."

On that note Shankly's autobiography has been re-released for those interested in the great man.

In regard the dive I thought it was very brave of the ESPN pundits to jump on their high horses over N'gog as I get the feeling if it had been Steven Gerrard or Wayne Rooney they'd have been squirming for excuses! I was half expecting Ray Stubbs to suggest N'gog be put on a slow boat back to France then burnt at the stake with a disgusted Cristiano Ronaldo lighting the match...

Matthew123 what a card you are, almost as funny as your manager. It's banter Matt, using your quote against you,just accept your club is not up to it. And remember it's 19 and counting or is it 20 years since the last title , it's been so long I've forgotten. Not good enough 4 a so called big club wouldn't you say? Anyway, must go time for bed.

matthew123 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Apart from cut & paste I am actually speechless on

> that one.. ::o

>

> Anyway Mick, as far as 6-0-6 is concerned tell me

> a time they don't load it with fans moaning about

> their club.

Not moaning about the club matt. Moaning about the manager and his unpredictable selections and formations. I dont think rafa will start next season.

Have to wait and see what happens but I am a lot more positive after last night's performance. I think it makes a big difference the style of football when you don't have Jamie Carragher hoofing the ball back to the opposition - plus it allows the midfield to push further forward and sustain the attacks as at times last night it was wave after wave.

Oh Mick, quit the Rafa bashing -its tiresome!

Tell me what you would have done differently oh mighty one? Because I don't think he could have done much more last night. And while you're at it, tell who you'd replace Rafa with.

People were ringing 606 from the comfort of their armchairs to slate the manager when they can't even be bothered to get to off their arses and actually support the team? Well I never - that's never happened before.

P.S - it was pen from where I was sat, but given it was at the other end of the pitch and I was in the gods of the Kop its not fair I make a judgement. If he did dive then its a shame and I don't want that at Liverpool and won't defend it.

We deserve some luck though. I can think of at least two situations where we had a penalty shout this season and got nothing. Its just a shame Birmingham were on the receiving end. Mind you if you park the team bus in front of goal then you only deserve a draw.