Football Focus

jenniejenjen10

Remember what a joke it was Ryan Giggs winning the PFA Player of the Year award for 2009 - well he can't even win Welsh Footballer of the Year for 2009, knocked into second played by Wales and Swansea defender Ashley Williams. Never heard of him? Well that tells you a lot about how Giggs won the PFA award doesn't..

Atila Reincarnate Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> kpc Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > The description of Richard Dunne "...his eyes

> > bulging, his biceps and enormous hands ready to

> > maim".

>

>

I only realised Henry was playing when he acted as peacemaker at the end....

> Is this the same Richard Dunne that, according to

> Mick Mac, was gonna have Henry in his pocket?

> You've got to smile haven't you?

Mick Mac Wrote:

> Atila Reincarnate Wrote:

> -----

> > kpc Wrote:

> >

>

> > -----

> > > The description of Richard Dunne "...his eyes

> > > bulging, his biceps and enormous hands ready

> to

> > > maim".

> >

> >

>

> I only realised Henry was playing when he acted as

> peacemaker at the end....

>

> > Is this the same Richard Dunne that, according

> to

> > Mick Mac, was gonna have Henry in his pocket?

> > You've got to smile haven't you?

You must have been watching reruns of the Arsenal beating the big fish in a small pond or you were in th pub!

matthew123 Wrote:

> Remember what a joke it was Ryan Giggs winning the

> PFA Player of the Year award for 2009 - well he

> can't even win Welsh Footballer of the Year for

> 2009, knocked into second played by Wales and

> Swansea defender Ashley Williams. Never heard of

> him? Well that tells you a lot about how Giggs won

> the PFA award doesn't..

Blimey, where did that tirade come from?

Giggs started 12 league games for United last season, so was not good enough to start for his own team but was voted PFA player of the year.. hmmmm

Give him a life time achievement award but it's embarrasing for Giggs winning player of the year when he clearly was not... he probably uses it as a doorstop ;-)

Was there a box on the players form marked "sentiment" Matt?

If he won it, he won it. That's it really.

Players may have taken into consideration the fact that he was getting on a bit and his performances were exceptional given his age, but its their choice.

12 starts come on...

I'm not sure how Giggs won it - I suspect there was a campaign behind the scenes to drum up support. Giggs deserved better than that - I mean he has had a great career but last season was probably one of his worst. I think a lifetime award would have been fantastic (he is about the only United player universally liked by other supporters) and maybe that will still happen but to be awarded player of the year just makes the whole thing lose credibility.

red devil Wrote:

> Matthew, quality before quantity...but every rule

> has an exception...

>

> http://www.rednews.co.uk/images/shirts/shirt75big.

> png

What aload of bollocks, Scholes & Anderson aren't fit to lace the little spanish magicians boots, Giggs maybe, but not the ginger manc or the misfit that is Anderson.

SP - On the face of Andrea Dossena had a blinding season for Liverpool scoring goals in both the 4-0 romp over Real Madrid and then with a magical chip to make it 4-1 against the Mancs at Old Trafford. But we all know behind the headlines he was below par... ditto Giggs.

Ah Anderson of Man U.. for some reason I mis-read it as Darren Anderton and thought t-shirt was reference to number of hamstring injuries acquired over course of career by those players

So now Ryan Giggs is comparable with Andrea Dossena? I think that you are making the same mistake as you accuse others of over Rafa....bandwagon jumping. Giggs always has been, and still is, an incredibly talented player, worthy of a place in the first team of any European top flight club. He has a work ethic which Steven Gerrard would be proud of. as a servant to the club and a man to go to when you need a result he is alomst second to none. We battled away last season and we only mamaged to beat the excellent teams around us to the Premier League title, including a rampant Liverpool, because of players like Giggs.

Putting aside my own personal preferences and prejudices, Giggs had about 6 or 7 decent games last year and was FAR from consistent. The PFA thing is totally beyond me, as it allegedly represents the views of the players, but if that's what they think, so be it. Surely his then team mate the portugese show pony was better than him last season?

He'd never won it before (or the Football Writers for that matter) so it was simply reward for a long career - if there'd be an ounce of credibility in the award you can bet your bottom dollar Fergie would have come out all guns blazing at the critics. Fergie's silence spoke volumes.

Atila Reincarnate Wrote:

> Well Liverpool ain't gonna be "foist" on tonights

> evidence,too physically weak.

Following on from injuries this month to VP, Bendtner and Clichy.. "Arsenal full-back Kieran Gibbs has been sent for a precautionary X-ray after injuring his ankle during England Under-21s' draw against Lithuania."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/8365400.stm