Dogs in Peckham Rye

Just a quick one, not really adding to the post but bit bored. I took my newborn in her pushchair to the park and a boisterous staffie bounded up to us and launched headfirst into the pushchair, front paws up on the edge and head lunging into the hood. Now I really like dogs and wish I had space for one but that is another story. In my new mum haze it didn't really bother me what had happened but then when I think back it could have been pretty horrendous with grizzly teeth so close to her head.

Parks are public places and everyone has a right to use them but I suppose if you have a particularly energetic dog (even if it is just friendly and enthusiastic) it might be an idea to be cautious around young children, granted that is hard in Dulwich as they are everywhere you turn. i want to encourage my daughter to had a good relationship with all animals so will not be keeping her away but I would be upset if the same thing happened again.

I also blame Bugaboo for making the bee such a stupidly low lying pushchair, perfect dog head height!

Yes, Sexby Garden is ok for dogs - i have specifically checked as mine loves to jump in the fountain when it's hot.

Can i suggest to the original poster that perhaps getting to know a little dog belonging to a friend or neighbour might help? Just in terms of understanding dog body-language so you recognise happy-puppy for what it is, and hungry-savage-wolf for what it is too? Just an idea; it can't be nice to be so terrified of them.

MissNoodlesHats Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Senor the only stat of Frankito's that is of

> concern to me is that they feel it appropriate to

> broadcast the fact that they

>

> " only do DP at the weekends "

>

> And not in the sexby gardens I hope, especially

> not if I have just had my ball chewed and am

> wondering around with a forlorn plastic bat.

Hope people are more relax and enjoy the views of Peckham Rye.

PMs

Must be horrible to be so fearful of what are - 99.9% of the time -such friendly, well-behaved, fun, obedient creatures. They're not called Man's Best Friend for nothing. My gardener was petrified of them - until she made friends with her sister's puppy. Now she likes them. Maybe one day she'll get one, but she's not reduced to tears any time she sees one any more. Progress, no?

Perhaps you need to do something to overcome your fear - I did with flying, can't stop me know!