Hi Gavin @ The Plough

Sorry if you have already answered this, but

why isn't there a children's menu? We

we would come with the kids more

often if there was something for the kids

to eat other than chips and veg side order. Even

just pasta with tomato sauce would do.

Thanks

Neilson99 - Please do drop me a line before, or phone on 02086934236 ask for Gavin. Im on my holidays for a fortnight at the end of the week.

Scrummymummy - The childrens options we have are sausage and mash, handmade fishfingers and chips, handmade burger and chips. For some reason my company doesnt like us printing them for some reason that Im trying to get to the bottom of. My team should all be able to let you know though. Pasta dish.... very good idea, I'll get onto that on my return from holiday.

PipD - sorry I appreciate that this may be a bit late, we serve sunday roasts until they run out (usually about 4 / 5pm as Clare said. If you'd like to come in later, we will reserve preordered roasts for you. Just give us a call.

Rahrahrah - I dont feel new, but in pub terms I probably am - I've been here since last July so over a year now.

ClareC - thank you. Nice to see you on Saturday... Im looking forward to your daughter becoming my waitress, her first time training went well!

Guys, I really want to hear from you all. Please dont be sarcastic for the sake of it - I want to respond to everyones feedback. Sometimes my hands are tied, but it doesnt stop me listening - especially in the hope I win lotto and am able to buy the pub!!

Thank you,

Gav

Agreed - great post Gavin

I was one of the people who responded when you first took on the job and I said that my problem was with the parent company - but it sounds as if you have dug your heels and are pushing for improvements wherever possible

Since I moved from that end of SE22 I don't get to the Plough as often, but I did pop in on Sunday and before we even had a chance to sit down, staff were floorwalking and taking our drinks orders. That never used to happen before and saved a queue at the bar, so good work

Plough_Dulwich Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> >

> PipD - sorry I appreciate that this may be a bit

> late, we serve sunday roasts until they run out

> (usually about 4 / 5pm as Clare said. If you'd

> like to come in later, we will reserve preordered

> roasts for you. Just give us a call.

>

> Gav

Made it in for 7.30, and do you know what there was some left! Girlfriend and I very much enjoyed it, roast potatoes in particular! Couldn?t stay long as meeting friends further down the lane but will definitely be back.

Plough_Dulwich Wrote:

>

> Sue - thank you for your lovely comments about our

> pub, we really do look forward to seeing you soon.

xxxxxx

I used to come to the Plough quite a bit, but I stopped going due to less than great experiences there.

If you are succeeding in turning it around, then I genuinely wish you very good luck with it and I hope you do very well, but comments made on other threads concerning relatively recent poor service haven't yet inclined me to give the Plough another chance - sorry.

Hopefully there will soon be lots of glowing reports as a result of your hard work which will change my mind.

Hi all,

Thank you for your feedback - we do listen, its good to know we're starting to slowly succeed.

I appreciate we still have a long way to go to gain some of your confidence - please do talk to us about any problems that arise. We really want to do better for you all.

Thank you,

Gavin

Gavin

I was in the pub yesterday and both the Guinness and lunch were super!

I used to pop in every Friday about six but got so fed up of there only being one person behind the bar and having to join a queue to get served that I stopped.

Have you addressed the staffing issue at that time?

Sue Wrote:

>

> If you are succeeding in turning it around, then I

> genuinely wish you very good luck with it and I

> hope you do very well, but comments made on other

> threads concerning relatively recent poor service

> haven't yet inclined me to give the Plough another

> chance - sorry.

Instead of relying on others to give glowing feedback, why don't you try it yourself. If you went on other people's feedback all the time you'd never go anywhere as I doubt that any establishment has 100% customer feedback - go on, take a chance.

I've been in and out of The Plough over the last 3 years and have never had a problem.

SCSB79 Wrote:

> Sue Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> >

> > If you are succeeding in turning it around, then

> I

> > genuinely wish you very good luck with it and I

> > hope you do very well, but comments made on

> other

> > threads concerning relatively recent poor

> service

> > haven't yet inclined me to give the Plough

> another

> > chance - sorry.

>

> Instead of relying on others to give glowing

> feedback, why don't you try it yourself. If you

> went on other people's feedback all the time you'd

> never go anywhere as I doubt that any

> establishment has 100% customer feedback - go on,

> take a chance.

>

> I've been in and out of The Plough over the last 3

> years and have never had a problem.

xxxxxxxxxx

I don't "rely on other people's feedback all the time" - what a very strange thing to say!

However I have consistently good pubs nearer to me than the Plough, so given some of the recent negative feedback on here I don't feel particularly inclined to trek up the hill to it just yet to "take a chance", as you put it.

If you've "never had a problem" there, then great - but unfortunately it seems that some others have. I'd rather spend my limited cash somewhere where I don't have to "take a chance", if that's OK with you :))

If those glowing reports materialise, then yes I'll probably give it a go - but to say you've "never had a problem" there is damning with rather faint praise, wouldn't you say?

• 2 weeks later...