Changes to your train times from Monday

• 2 weeks later...
Herne Hill this morning had one Thameslink train between 7.15 and 9.15. This is the standard service in the morning at the moment - as compared to 6 trains an hour before the new timetable, So I do hope that you are enjoying your new trains at Crofton Park......

There is only an hourly through Thameslink serving the Catford Loop services too. I got a response from Thameslink from my enquiry, it answered none of my questions! I am still none the wiser over what is proposed to happen in the longer term once this chaos is over. The person I sent it to was on annual leave so it was passed on, the person it was passed on to is now themselves on annual leave. Cynical me thinks this holiday timing is very convenient for the senior customer relations staff! I got no response about the Cambridge to Maidstone East, looking at the Info I have found I think this is fast to Blackfriars.:(

Altering the timetable is a good way of avoiding paying compensation for missing services. Where is Chris Grayling? Will it be another one bites the dust?

• 2 weeks later...

What I just don't understand is how this can be such a cock up? surely people who run a railway want to move as many people about as easily as possible. So why reduce trains at rush hour and reduce people's ability to go about their business/working life, able to use public transport? we cannot all squeeze onto buses? trains have historically been the backbone of the commuters. As much as we would like to - not everyone can get a job close to home.

it seems to have been a monumental error and heads should roll (metaphorically) or some explanation of what on earth has gone wrong.

tiddles Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> What I just don't understand is how this can be

> such a cock up? surely people who run a railway

> want to move as many people about as easily as

> possible. So why reduce trains at rush hour and

> reduce people's ability to go about their

> business/working life, able to use public

> transport? we cannot all squeeze onto buses?

> trains have historically been the backbone of the

> commuters. As much as we would like to - not

> everyone can get a job close to home.

>

> it seems to have been a monumental error and heads

> should roll (metaphorically) or some explanation

> of what on earth has gone wrong.

Its an utter travesty. I really fail to understand how people not just in our area but up and down the country have had their rush hour services cut.

a girl I work with who commutes from Eastbourne now has to get to work an hour earlier or arrive 30 mins after her official start time as they dropped the service inbetween.

its a joke.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

To warn you all, timetable changes have happened again, for the worse. There are now very few trains on the Catford loop via Nunhead/Peckham Rye/Denmark Hill past Blackfriar; the bulk of trains are now Blackfriars only and there are still cancellations today! The service is appalling. My last two experiences of this service (last week) have been a 45 minute wait for a train during rush hour due to cancellations and the final northbound train being cancelled on Wednesday. Why have they still got their franchise!!!!!!

Renata

I now go from East Dulwich to London Bridge and then tube to King?s across. I find it really annoying that this whole farce is diverting people onto the tube which is already packed + it takes longer to get into work.

It?s stressful, especially when you have kids to pick up from after school club so need to get there on time.

Can?t bike as I have an injury.

Is it not possible to get a train to Blackfriars and then another train to St Pancras or elsewhere on Thameslink? You don't need to change platforms at Blackfriars. Or is the service still terrible this week on the Catford Loop line since the new timetable changes? According to Renata's last post, her most recent journeys were during the week before last.

Today our train pulled in to Blackfriars (terminating there) the same time as the Bedford train across the platform - and instead of waiting - it pulled out before the doors opened.

To be fair Peak trains have improved a little bit this week.

Mrs D Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I now go from East Dulwich to London Bridge and

> then tube to King?s across.

There are (allegedly) nine trains between 8AM and 9AM that can get you from ED to Kings X, either by taking a train south to Tulse Hill and getting a St.Pancras International train from there, or going north to Peckham Rye for a St.Pancras train - journey between 32 and 39 minutes. Might be a good option? Alternatively take the bus/walk, depending where you are, to Peckham Rye or Denmark hill and take the direct train for St.Pancras?