Theresa May has banned marches for 30 days.

Ridgley

What is the solution to all of this acm we don?t want to go down the road of being intolerant, but we need a balance my personal feeling if you are born here or you come here you should live under our laws and mix with other people and cultures that would cut out the stereotypes and prejudice of others. I have notice this is not happening.

acm Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> OK, Huguenot, a little more for you.

>

> The complete disinterest from the police, other

> than issue a crime number, so as to not "cause

> racial tension".

>

> The lack of neighbourly support due to the fact

> nearly all of them had moved out already.

>

> The lack of community support due to the fact her

> Health Visitor only came once a week.

>

> In the end, she sold up and left as well, having

> watched the community she spent most of her life

> in change unrecognisably.

> She now lives with my Aunt and her husband.

I guess it's all relative to an extent (no pun intended!). A close friend of mine's elderly, arthritic (white caucasian) aunt lives in a part of outer London, as she has done for all her life. In the past, the area was predominately 'white', but is now largely multi-ethnic. She has mainly asian neighbours, and they apparently take great care of her - they do her shopping and her gardening and she apparently feels fortunate.

Having arrived in London at the tender aged of 18 from a town where all were white caucasian (or whatever the term is nowadays) and being immersed in the multi-cultural capital and NHS - where I worked for several years - I have never looked back. I like living in a diverse, multi-cultural city - I do however think that integration could be improved in parts.

acm Wrote:

> Consider that not everyone in this country gets

> to live in a civil and (relatively) safe and

> peaceful area such as East Dulwich. It is an

> ongoing joke at work that the areas of Dulwich are

> an "enclave" surrounded by Peckham, Brixton and

> Lewisham. The recect riots only emphasize that

> point, as we were incredibly lucky with the small

> amount of damage suffered.

What's the riots got to do with this thread about the EDL and their anti-Islamism...or are you unwittingly painting a bigger picture?

Chippy Minton Wrote:

> To be clear, the march wasn't banned because I,

> the government or anyone else disagreed with the

> EDL's politics.

>

> It was banned because the police feared it would

> lead to violence and disorder and the government

> wanted to ensure local communities and property

> were protected.

My point exactly. You apply that criteria to *any* march - especially now ones involving students, anti-globalisation protesters or anyone from Tottenham.

Welcome to the thin end of the wedge.

Well may be I misunderstood you, but you accused me of 'seeking to deprive someone you disagree politically with those same rights' which I don't.

I agree entirely that if the police recommend banning marches from students, anti-globalisation protesters etc because they fear violence then they should be banned. As far as I know this hasn't happened though.

Jeremy, just as bad as low life scum are partially educated and self important individuals who given half the chance would class cleanse the society around them under the banner of Liberalism. Now have a read of ACM's comments, take a visit around parts of the uk and then maybe you would not come across as a half wit with a kindle. Of course their are racists in the EDL, and no doubt M15, undercover cops, and members of the BNP. But militant islam is a racist group so let them both kick the shit out of each other, its terrace culture and thoroughly English, English just like you Jeremy.

I thought I made it clear I was opposed to religious group trying to impose their twisted values on the wider community. And yes, of course that includes the militant strands of Islam.

I'm not quite sure what point you're making.

Half wit with a kindle. I feel gutted.

Rubbish acm. Absolute rubbish point

Joining the edl is entirely a choice and doesn't define you in the way birth and genetics do for skin colour

Islam is a religion and therefore as questionable as any other but limping in all Muslims together is no help either

But joining the edl is a redundant choice made freely. If the problem is old people being terrorised in their homes then the solution is not joining the edl

The EDL (or murderers, child-molsters or neo-nazis) aren't an entire section of society. They are, thankfully, just a few thousand people and therefore for me, your analogy with Muslims or black people doesn't stack-up.

The behavior of EDL isn't just a "small minority" - as a percentage, it is a very large number of them - that is the point.