Barclays branch in DV to close

Robert Poste's Child

Ahh it was so twee. From another world with a night safe and no cash point. (Don't want cash points to ruin our lovely DV).

Hmmm, I'm still in this middle ground of not being fully digital and actually liking having a branch to go to.

Separately after me and no doubt half of my peer group also having a Nationwide Flex account they promptly shut every branch within five miles and my work branch.

Part of the declining high street ladies and gents. I have no answers.

Still peed off having cycled to FH Road Post Office to find it closed yesterday. If only I'd looked elsewhere on EDF could have shared myself a sweaty ride.

malumbu Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Ahh it was so twee. From another world with a

> night safe and no cash point. (Don't want cash

> points to ruin our lovely DV).

>

> Hmmm, I'm still in this middle ground of not being

> fully digital and actually liking having a branch

> to go to.

>

> Separately after me and no doubt half of my peer

> group also having a Nationwide Flex account they

> promptly shut every branch within five miles and

> my work branch.

Not as bleak as all that! There's a cashpoint outside the DV chemist/PO. Plus there's a Nationwide in Brixton - I went there recently to cancel an account they had pathetically failed to open after several weeks.

Isn't the Dulwich Estate planning to move the almshouses anyway? That was what led to the debate about the Judith Kerr playing fields, but not sure where the Estate has moved to in terms of target location.

Re the bank, I assumed it was there for the convenience of the Dulwich Estate, which must be a valuable customer. Perhaps they've finally been persuaded to try online banking.

this is bloody joke. it leaves us with No Barclays for miles!

I bank with them and refuse to do online banking. Many elderly people rely on having an actual bank to visit.

Forest Hill closed.

East Dulwich closed for months and now DV closing.

Switch to First Direct! Best for customer service, you can do everything except cheques by phone to an 03 number (included in mobile minutes or same as national rate) and you can deposit cheques by post or at the Post Office. They also give you a free ?250 overdraft and a gift for transferring.

I changed from Barclays about fifteen years ago and the service is so much nicer.

It's a crime, I live in West Dulwich and bank with Lloyds, that branch in WD closed in September last yesr. Our nearest cash point is either Norwood Road, Herne Hill(Sainsburys or Cost Cutter) or Crystal Palace (Sainsburys), Lloyds Bank branches, Lordship Lane or Streatham, I do not have a car, like many of my neighbours,also I have some mobilty issues, either of the mentioned Lloyds branches or cashpoints are not exactly easy or convienent to get to. Online banking isn't always the solution there are times when going to a branch is necessary, and also withdrawing cash needs a branch or cashpoint. What wil happen next?

Change to another bank. I?m in the process of changing to a smaller bank and leaving one of the internationals. Just so bored of waiting over 30 mins while listening to rubbish music to speak to a customer service provider, getting constant requests to update info to tackle ?fraud? and was convinced to pay for PPI by the same organisation to get a mortgage 25 years ago (I claimed it back but they didn?t give my money back without a bit of a struggle). So after 30 years I?ll take my business elsewhere.

IlonaM Wrote:

> singalto Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > The one in ED is closed until September!

>

>

> Is the cashpoint still operating? (The things you

> miss when you go away for a few weeks)

They're all off too.

Bic Basher Wrote:

> IlonaM Wrote:

> -----

> > singalto Wrote:

> >

>

> > -----

> > > The one in ED is closed until September!

> >

> >

> > Is the cashpoint still operating? (The things

> you

> > miss when you go away for a few weeks)

>

> They're all off too.

Oh hell! Thanks Bic Basher for letting me know.

singalto Wrote:

> The Co-op and the post office have cash points and

> the newsagent by the ice cream shop has one now

> too.

Thanks singalto. Good to know about those as well as Lloyds by the library.

Robert Poste's Child Wrote:

> Switch to First Direct! Best for customer service

Yes, been with them for years and they are excellent.

And you can use the post office in Lordship Lane to pay cash in etc since the HSBC closed.