Are houses selling around here at all?

fishbiscuits Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> KFH and Foxtons - terrible.

>

> Apart from that, it doesn't really matter. As long

> as it's on Rightmove and the price is competitive.

Have sold two houses with KFH and reckon in this market they are the right people for the job as in my opinion they are pretty proactive

Wouldnt recommend Winkworth - lost 6 months of time with them, messed up viewings, showing people who weren?t right people for house etc...

KFH - seriously overvalue properties in order to get it on their books. 2 weeks before the end of the exclusive agent period, they lower the price. I really hate that tactic. And while they might appear to get a lot of viewings, they drive clients around a bunch of properties they didn't want to see and don't meet their spec.

Can't say that happened to me and we sold our house with them recently. But it was with the Peckham branch so maybe differs from office to office?

fishbiscuits Wrote:

> KFH - seriously overvalue properties in order to

> get it on their books. 2 weeks before the end of

> the exclusive agent period, they lower the price.

> I really hate that tactic. And while they might

> appear to get a lot of viewings, they drive

> clients around a bunch of properties they didn't

> want to see and don't meet their spec.

Curmudgeon Wrote:

> Honestly I?m a cash buyer looking for an

> investment 2 bed flat and I?ve put in on hold till

> after March.

>

> From a buyers perspective, and having lived in

> this area for nearly 20 years, prices are over

> inflated.

Your basically looking for the bottom of the market - as everyone is - that's why nothings moving :)

Calsug I do think you're right it can vary from office to office. E.g. a friend recently had a bad experience selling with their Dulwich village branch.

Calsug Wrote:

> Can't say that happened to me and we sold our

> house with them recently. But it was with the

> Peckham branch so maybe differs from office to

> office?

>

> fishbiscuits Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > KFH - seriously overvalue properties in order

> to

> > get it on their books. 2 weeks before the end

> of

> > the exclusive agent period, they lower the

> price.

> > I really hate that tactic. And while they might

> > appear to get a lot of viewings, they drive

> > clients around a bunch of properties they

> didn't

> > want to see and don't meet their spec.

JohnL Wrote:

> Curmudgeon Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Honestly I?m a cash buyer looking for an

> > investment 2 bed flat and I?ve put in on hold

> till

> > after March.

> >

> > From a buyers perspective, and having lived in

> > this area for nearly 20 years, prices are over

> > inflated.

>

> Your basically looking for the bottom of the

> market - as everyone is - that's why nothings

> moving :)

Yeah and when bottom of the market is half a million there?s something majorly amiss

After three failed attempts with different agents with which I hasten to add, wasted us too much time (i.e. lots of talk and promises but no action) we switched to KfH as they had gained a track record of selling houses in the road. We went with KfH Forest Hill branch earlier this year, they found a buyer in 12 weeks of registering with them and we completed at the end of June.

Javaid the Manager was easy to deal with, as was Seth. As said earlier, I think it depends on the branch and who within the branch you deal with. I had problems with one of their staff, (consistently late for appointments with buyers and a great mumbler, arghhhhhhhh) and then pressed to deal with Javaid, he did everything and more for us.

ps. If I was buying or selling I'd want Javaid in my corner, he knows his stuff, has vast experience of the process of selling and buying, and how to deal with a demanding buyer.

Not wanting to preach KFH but would also add their follow up after we accepted the offer was exceptional, we had a difficult chain with quite a few delays and was basically on the phone to them a few times a day at one point, with them calling all solicitors and agents in the chain on a regular basis.

In a jittery market that we are in the under offer is just the beginning and whoever you go for make sure that their follow up is equally as good.