Caravan?s moved into car park at the old Grove Tavern pub

Received this from the Dulwich estate. I can confirm that we do own the freehold and this site is leased to the Stonegate pub company. Legal action has already been put in hand for an eviction order but typically this can take some time to process, especially because of the holiday season.

I have also asked the police what they can do to assist.

Hopefully an order can be quickly obtained and if there is more that the police can do this would be very welcome indeed.

Thanks tezzah, I have a very similar e-mail thread this morning via HML Andertons who are the managing agent for the adjoining flats. They are in contact with both the Dulwich Estate and Stonegate pub who are the leaseholder.

Apparently there was an attempt made to move them on yesterday, this obviously hasn't happened (these people never seem to go easily), but the solicitors are doing their thing to get a court order to enable some progress, and Stonegate have a clean-up company ready to go in to clear the rubbish once they do go.

When we passed on Sunday there were families with children sitting outside in there.

Surely this rubbish is a health hazard, particularly for the children.

Couldn't something be done from that angle (I have no idea what)?

Well the smell is definitely getting worse, cannot open my Windows now which obviously isn't ideal in this weather. I have just seen two men just defecating next door to the portaloos that were placed there by coach company whilst the children play on the rubbish. The derelict Grove tavern was a bad enough site out of my bedroom window, but this is taking it to a whole new level.

Apparently they told Stonegate and Dulwich Estates they'd be leaving yesterday, and then today. I think maybe they are stringing these people along, as is usual...

This problem might take some time to resolve.

Looks like they actually have gone!!

Now how to get them to secure the site now...

Email earlier from Dulwich Estate says "I am told that the travellers are intending to move on later today and if this is the case then plans are already in place to re-secure the site and to then arrange for the clearance of all the rubbish and refuse." but at 8.15pm the site will presumably be left unsecured as I can't imagine the plans are in place for out of hours?

Fazzy Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> They have now set up in the car park of the BT

> exchange on lordship lane

Not sure of the extent of the Dulwich Estate, wonder who the freeholder is in this situation. BT maybe? Is there a map of the extent of the Dulwich Estate online anywhere?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Discussions

• Fish curry for me, Cochin prawn curry for Nyge, can't remember if it was plain basmati rice or coconut rice - we shared one portion- and a paratha, also shared. We also got free pappadams with three different dips, all delicious. There was so much of it we couldn't eat it all, I had the leftovers cold for lunch today! That was the second time I had the fish (sea bass fillets) because it was so yummy,  last time Nyge had the Dal spinach curry. They have lots of other things, including vegan, lamb and chicken, but neither of us usually eat meat. It says on the back of the flyer that they can make adjustments according to your preferences. And again, it was all delivered really quickly.
    • This is amazing! Looks so good. Well done Dan et al! Glad to have contributed to this lovely history.
    • Hi All Following incredible assistance from The Dulwich Society, a visit to the Southwark Archives and lots local insight from this forum, social media and visitors to ed we have created a visual history of ed's home, 41 North Cross Road. We think it looks great, you can see it on our Instagram and Facebook pages: https://www.instagram.com/p/C6UJsC3MDsS/ https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=947290310732033&set=pcb.947290447398686 There is a much less pretty but more detailed version for anyone interested. Many thanks for all your help. Dan  
    • So you are a ‘member’ 😳whatever that means, but also not. It’s not very clear…. But also totally transparent. Miaow 💅😂 Maybe I will, maybe I won’t 😂 What is interesting about your questions is that they suggest, as usual, that you see everything as a really basic binary opposition (cars vs bike, anti LTN vs pro-council etc). It’s not very nuanced Rocks. I don’t have great love for Southwark council as I suspect you assume. That said, neither do I have a lot of time for the apocalyptic hyperbole of those still upset over a fairly minor change to a road junction in the village, made several years ago, and which actually creates a nice public space for pedestrians and a bit more safety for kids travelling to school by bike. Ah, what the hell, let’s play…as you asked so nicely: The one that took place between May and July 2021 I don’t know much about this. It seems it was reopened though? Apparently they have the agreement of the emergency services this time, (which perhaps does suggests they didn’t consult with them properly the first time round). Of course someone (the mysterious Mr One?) believes the emergency services are being intimidated somehow (possibly by commies) so maybe Southwark still haven’t learnt their lesson? No, I don’t. Although I hear the Mysterious Mr One would like it redesigned to make things clearer. 😂 As for your ‘question 3 sub-points’ I don’t actually agree with their premise (a bit of the old ‘how often do you beat your wife’ framing going on there… slippery 😂) Anyway good luck with the referendum.   
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In