Caravan?s moved into car park at the old Grove Tavern pub

A problem may be that it may not be clear whether it is the ground landlord (the Dulwich Estate) or the leaseholder (whichever pubco still has the Grove tavern lease) who will be initially responsible for starting eviction proceedings. Whilst this drags on the value of the property decreases. Of course, if you want the land to be cleared and lucrative housing to replace it the more devastation the better. Just saying...

sally buying Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Why not put heavy large concrete blocks over the

> entrance stopping them get in or out and then

> prosecute.

>

> Or does their protected status stop anything like

> that?

Who are "they" please?

I would imagine that the travellers are not solely responsible for the fly tipping. I remember when travellers based themselves at Peckham Rye Park a year or so ago, some people were quick to blame them for all the rubbish. However, it transpired that others outside the travelling community, took advantage and dumped van loads of their own rubbish.

I am glad the travellers have moved in. Could someone please tell me how far the Dulwich Estate now reaches to. Speaking to my neighbours friends today, they bought an ex council house at the Denmark Hill end of Sunday Avenue. They tell me that their Southwark house is owned by the Dulwich Estate. Are Southwark council secretly selling off their street housing stock to them.edited to say Sunray, not Sunday.

Unfortunately we have a clear view of the site from our window and it was empty before, now full and it's the same truck coming back and forth with full loads of rubbish. Who knows where they're getting it all from...

They could possibly be advertising as rubbish clearance company and dumping the rubbish there. Sorry, didn?t mean to be flippant in my previous post. I just meant that the Dulwich Estate got what they deserved by leaving it to rot, now they have got the problem of trying to remove the travellers. I hope it costs the Dulwich Estate dearly.

Tweet from local police team @MPSDulwichWood

We are aware of members of the travelling community having pitched up at the Grove Pub car park on Lordship Lane. We are are aware of this issue & are working with @lb_southwark & land owners to get them moved on & the site secured.

Watch this space.

I understand from the grape vine that DE and the leaseholders had reached agreement to redevelop the site to provide flats (yes, including affordable) and a supermarket (Waitrose/Aldi??) but Southwark jobsworth planners have blocked it as they insist of a "Community Pub", despite the fact that no other pub operator would look at this site, and pubs are closing wholesale every where. God save us from the cretins who control us.

xapis85 "Unfortunately we have a clear view of the site from our window and it was empty before, now full and it's the same truck coming back and forth with full loads of rubbish."

Please do ID the lorry and tell council because there's a risk the travellers get blamed for this and anyway it's looking like fly-tipping which Southwark should have an interest in.

apbremer Wrote:

> I understand from the grape vine that DE and the

> leaseholders had reached agreement to redevelop

> the site to provide flats (yes, including

> affordable) and a supermarket (Waitrose/Aldi??)

> but Southwark jobsworth planners have blocked it

> as they insist of a "Community Pub", despite the

> fact that no other pub operator would look at this

> site, and pubs are closing wholesale every where.

> God save us from the cretins who control us.

Are you sure that this was not "Community Hub"?

Something quite different from "Community Pub"

http://www.octopuscommunities.org.uk/our-projects/community-hubs/what-is-a-community-hub/

KidKruger Wrote:

> xapis85 "Unfortunately we have a clear view of the

> site from our window and it was empty before, now

> full and it's the same truck coming back and forth

> with full loads of rubbish."

>

> Please do ID the lorry and tell council because

> there's a risk the travellers get blamed for this

> and anyway it's looking like fly-tipping which

> Southwark should have an interest in.

It's not a question of them being blamed for it...they are doing it! On a massive scale!!

We watched too. They are now covering their faces with jumpers/hi-vis jacket whilst dumping.

Getting worse and worse.

Trying to get through to 101 again but been on hold for 15 mins already and know it's futile.

The three dogs were on the loose scrabbling around outside dukes court too

Eblaney Wrote:

> More tipping just happened. Don't know who it was,

> faces covered. I counted at least 3 (men, I

> think). The place is a mess.