Barclays Bank Lordship Lane

DulwichFox

Sorry, but isn't it unusual for personal bank customers to have much need to pay-in cash? Perhaps emptying change jars annually (and there is a change sorter in Sainsbury's on DKH I believe). Cheques are different, but mainly these can be paid in on-line over smart phone aps. and some banks (e.g. Lloyds) have cheque readers for deposits inside the branch if you don't have a smart phone. Clearly there are the un-smart-phoned (I have already noted) - but cash paying-in tends to be a business issue, and DF said there was a business customer counter in the bank. Withdrawing cash is a different issue, but this seems to be catered for. Or am I missing something?

herne hilly Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Just FYI - the 2 Barclays in Peckham will both

> move and merge into 1 branch, if i remember

> rightly somewhere around 149 rye lane

Thats right.

Counter Facilities are available in Peckham Rye Lane BUT both Branches at 28 and 223-229

will also be closing on Fri. 7th December 2018 and a New Branch will be opening on Mon. 10th Dec.

at 147-149 Rye Lane. This new branch will be the same format as the new Lordship Lane Branch.

DulwichFox

Needed to pay my Electricity Bill. Would of done it on line

But also needed go pay in a cheque so went to the Barclays on Lordship Lane.

Was greeted by a member of staff. We managed to pay the cheque in.

'The Machine' reads the cheque and pays it into a selected account.

Trying to pay the bill was a different story. 'The Machine' canot read the Pay Slip.

You need to type all the info in yourself. The Company Name.. you get a list os alternatives and their sort codes

Then yo need to enter the right sort code in the correct format or else you get an Error at the end of the transaction.

You then need to manualy enter your EDF Energy account number plus a reference number.

The member of staff was not able to complete the transaction. After 10-15 mins she called for assistant and

a 'more senior' member of staff in a smart suit appeared. He told the first staff to go to lunch at that HE would deal.

However after anoth 10 -15 mins and 2 failed attempts he advised me to go to the counter, which was closed with the blind down

He told me to use the Business counter. There was a lady at the desk and another person aiting.

There was a problem with the counter staff not being able to deal with the customer and a further 10 min delay

There were other customers not able to work the machines and the staff unable to assist. They do not know how to operate the devices either.

After 45 mins I was able to pay my bill although it has not gone throughto my EDF Energy accout yet.

The whole thing is a disgrace

DulwichFox

ETA The internal ATMs can deal out up to ?2,000 . Handy if someone steals your card and sees your pin.

They do not accept cards that are not Barclays.

Its an utter mess.

The new machines have such a large menu to navigate that its much slower to do a straightforward cash withdrawal.

plus there aren't enough machines to make up for the lack of counters.

I did complain and the chap stood as a 'meet and greet' described it as 'progress'

No its staff cuts thinly disguised as 'progress' coupled with multiple branch closures to maximise profit for the big chiefs.

I've banked with them since starting college in 1977-I'm leaving.

NewWave Wrote:

> Its an utter mess.

> The new machines have such a large menu to

> navigate that its much slower to do a

> straightforward cash withdrawal.

> plus there aren't enough machines to make up for

> the lack of counters.

> I did complain and the chap stood as a 'meet and

> greet' described it as 'progress'

> No its staff cuts thinly disguised as 'progress'

> coupled with multiple branch closures to maximise

> profit for the big chiefs.

> I've banked with them since starting college in

> 1977-I'm leaving.

That was dry sarcasm I reckon as he can see the "economies of scale" coming.

It's a farce, except it's not funny. The machine doesn't explain the steps, the lady demonstrating who got it to work took longer than it would have done just to do the transaction at the counter

The screen of the machine is too low and difficult to read it the low light.

The queue was nearly out of the door.

All in all, it's a mess.

Lynne Wrote:

> It's a farce, except it's not funny. The machine

> doesn't explain the steps, the lady demonstrating

> who got it to work took longer than it would have

> done just to do the transaction at the counter

> The screen of the machine is too low and difficult

> to read it the low light.

> The queue was nearly out of the door.

> All in all, it's a mess.

Spot on!!!!! You've summed it up beautifully

Yesterday, Lloyds Bank opposite Library - atm inoperative as was the machine inside unless I wanted to pay in a cheque.

Queue as usual. Staff shouting out to machine users this information as it was clearly too much to affix a small notice near the paying in machine.

I wanted an up to date current account balance - the one I received was out of date by 10 days.

Paying in machines in France are simple efficient and quick. Have we copied the concept without the technology?

If it's stress free banking you require avoid Lloyds especially if you need to visit the ED branch or use the 'customer services' by telephone facility.

If you need to use the bank on a Friday take a flask and a tome.