ED Police Station and abandoned dog

Mark

Interesting to see the level of dissatisfaction out there prompted by my original posting. Just yesterday in conversation with a colleague I heard another dire story of the completely useless and unprofessional service provided by ED police station.

I am certainly not suggesting that the police be abolished or that there is not a job for them to do. I am merely suggesting that they seem all too often either not to do it or to do it in a way that completely undermines the confidence the public has in the police. A police service that does not have the confidence and respect of the community it serves is in serious trouble so it seems rather alarming that the ED police are quite happy to haemorrhage away one of the most important (and free!) resources they have - the goodwill of the public they serve.

mmmm...not sure you understand the severity and sheer number of crimes that police in south london have to deal with given the appalling resources provided to them? never mind. why not suggest a huge increase in taxes in the hope that one day you will become satisfied with the level of service you receive when reporting the theft of a camera.

Overburdened and under-resourced they may be and I can understand that the theft of a camera may not be top of their priorities, but that does not excuse the blatantly aggressive behaviour that my friend was subjected to or the complete lack of civility or courtesy that I experienced. An increase in taxes is an easy Damoclean sword to dangle but I have little doubt that greater efficiency(or even basic civility) could be engendered without a need for an increase in taxation.