Halal and Kosher Meat, your thoughts

Thomas Micklewright

Thomas

http://www.dvvs.vegangroup.co.uk/images/DVVS_poster%20small_9425.jpg?w=220 I'm a bit confused!

See on your poster ( top leaf, left hand side ) It says "Are you vegan, veggie, pescetarian or just"

Now, put me straight but aren't fish living-breathing-bleeding-animal-kinda-things. And aren't they farmed to death of the cost of scotland & in the med.

What are that bunch doing in your "club" & if eating fish is ok, how about Whales ?

I'm curious now as to what really qualifies.

Last night I ate chicken with loads of steamed veg & mash potato ( all dairy free )

Am I a veggie or a "pollotarian" now ?

Does that count/can I join ?

NETTE:-S

Thomas Micklewright Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Sue, I don't care if there aren't cows in fields?

> Don't kid yourself into thinking you are breeding

> animals to give them a chance at "having life",

> they are bred for us to kill and eat them.

> Tom

xxxxxxxx

Eh?

OK, fine, I look forward to a countryside with no animals in it. Not.

I think you have missed my point.

Thomas Micklewright Wrote:

> When I started the DVVS I wanted to ensure it was

> open to all, hence come along if " you are

> interested in environment" aswell as for vegans,

> veg, pescs and your new creation of 'poles'. So

> come along on December 8th and say hello, you know

> you want to!

No Thomas, I cant lay claim to creating the 'Pollotarian' tag.

However, wouldn't it mudy the waters somewhat having a veggie/flesh eater at one of your gigs.

Really, i'm genuinely interested.

Though a quick thought. What do we call someone who only eats the beasts he's actually met?

And is it OK to eat Whales

NETTE:-S

"How am I not championing the environment? Do explain"

When you start a thread entitled "Halal and Kosher Meat, your thoughts", it is not immediately apparent that the argument you intend to make is "everybody should turn vegan, it's good for the environment".

That's why I accused you of being disingenuous

You invite me to start a thread about eating meat, but why should I? I'm not a pro-meat proselytising bore, I'm just someone who likes sausages. And steak. And pork pie. I come out with all sorts of rubbish on this forum (as many will undoubtedly testify) but I'm not a single issue fanatic who constantly starts threads not obviously about vegetarianism that somehow turn out to be about ......vegetarianism. That's you.

Harp. Explain sue - what was your point if I have missed it?

Reducing meat intake is good for the environment, surely whatever way people go about reducing their intake its all good for the environment, disingenuous or not? I don't mean to be disingenuous, I'm sure you would understand that if you met me.

Nette, we do have meat eaters coming to the group, they have even commented how pleased they were with us being so friendly.

So please do come along on 8th December!

Not everyone wants these ancient ,old religous practices forced on them ,not everyone wants to take a system that has worked for us that is modern and as humane as possible, and have it replaced by some mumbo jumbo crap.

Its taking steps back into a very dark and primitive way of thinking.

Allowing all these different religions to sweep away the status quo of this British society is what is dragging us back into the dark ages,and people that call everyone who dares to pass their views a fascist is in fact guilty of the same thing by trying to stifle free speech.

You are a perfect example of what I meant,Hugnot.

I do hope you get rid of that chip on your shoulder you cant accuse everyone of being anti immigrant because they have a view on religion or the way the rest of us object to being catapaulted into the dark ages, or people trying to dictate the way we have lived with our own beliefs which should not have to take a back seat to a primitive of thinking.,

When did you last get catapaulted back in to the dark ages Tarot? When was the last time anyone dictated to you that your beliefs should take back seat to a primitive way of thinking?

That'll be never.

Nobody is forcing on you any mumbo jumbo crap.

What you have is a deep seated negative prejudice that principally targets people of other customs, religions and nations.

Did you know you have a deeply negative perception of white Europeans and their customs and beliefs and you remind me of that Iranian leader with the western persecution complex

The abbotoirs were firmly established as a humane and efficient way of killing animals.

People who say they dont mind how its done are are racially browbeaten doormats.

Whats religous about slitting animals throats anyway,mumbo jumbo

Animal rituals are primitive and you know it.

Tarot Wrote:

> People who say they dont mind how its done are are

> racially browbeaten doormats.

Why?

No one is suggesting that all meat should be Halal or Kosher, only that it should be available for those who want it.

You clearly don't want it, so don't buy it. But please don't try to say you're having things forced on you, as firstly it's not even remotely true, and secondly, it just makes you sound a bit thick.