Fifa hates our way of life...

bon3yard

Aren't there more important things to worry about like the state of the Greek and Italian economies, or did we fight two world wars to stop us going into the Euro.

I was pleased to see Benjamin Zephania wearing a white poppy on Question Time, so perhaps the England team should wear a white poppy against a white shirt.

Odd that the title of the thread is about Fifa hating out way of life. My mate went to the England Wales match, it kicked off betweeen Northern fans and Southern fans outside, then many of the England fans spent much of the match making sheep noises at the Welsh supporters. Can tell me what there is to like about this?

Would set a worrying precedent, not been done before so why now (see other thread on Poppies for evidence of Poppy fascism) . For once I'm with the corrupt old tin pots from FIFA. AND...hasn't Dave 'bandwagon' Cameron got more pressing concerns than wasting time on this?

I find the pressure to conform on poppy wearing a bit sinister and the hysteria seems to be increasing every year.

It's not a co-incidence that jingoism and xenophobia increase in most countries during times of serious economic downturn, with some frightening end results in the past.

The enforced 'patriotism' of poppy wearing is alarming in this context.

LadyDeliah Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I find the pressure to conform on poppy wearing a

> bit sinister and the hysteria seems to be

> increasing every year.

>

> It's not a co-incidence that jingoism and

> xenophobia increase in most countries during times

> of serious economic downturn, with some

> frightening end results in the past.

>

> The enforced 'patriotism' of poppy wearing is

> alarming in this context.

I wear a poppy, not because I feel pressurised or through a sense of patriotism, I do it because I rather hope that it will help us to remember the sacrifice made by men and women of the armed forces. We all have a choice. Nobody forces to wear, or buy one if you don't want to.

Edited due to rubbish spelling.

Is Fifa right to stand against political symbolism in football? Yes

Is wearing a Poppy a sign of political symbolism? Probably not. Wars are evil and all of the dead, whatever their nationalities, should be remembered for their sacrifices. Better for FIFA to stand against all wars and violence.

Does Fifa hates the British way of life? No.

Does Fifa hates England? Of course they bloody do. Give us the bloomin' world cup.