Peoples vote march - 20 October

DadOf4

poch Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Theresa May called a General Election half-way

> through a fixed-term parliament and there weren't

> riots in the streets...

Let's not forget the reason for the snap GE was that she asked for the country to give her a clear majority/mandate to negotiate a deal based on her red lines, which she didn't get. That's what's known as democratic accountability, as would a People's Vote be on the final deal.

Brexiters have taken the piss considering it was such a narrow referendum result, moving the goalposts away from a soft Brexit such as the openly discussed Norway option pre-ref, to a very hard Brexit, or worse, No Deal. Even Chequers is much harder than anyone talked about pre-ref. Can you imagine the uproar from them if the vote had been 52-48 in favour of Remain and the Gov of the day had then said ''Right, let's have a hard Remain, this means the will of the people want us to integrate further with the EU so we're going to join the Euro and Shengen''...

'Chequers' really has nothing going for it at the moment.

It's worrying that a fuel duty freeze (when there already has been one for a while) is (supposedly) the best news Theresa May can come up with in her conference speech.

robbin Wrote:

> This is a hypothetical question I realise,

> (because there's no chance of another referendum)

> but if the result of a 'best of 3' further vote

> didn't meet with your approval, would there be

> another march calling for 'best of 5'?

Not hypothetical at all. There won't be a deal. Parliament will vote on what happens next if May doesn't call another GE. Enter 'another referendum'. Most MP's do not want to leave without a deal due to the economic consequences.

Hold up, but she won't call a GE if she has any sense, she has done that once and look at the mess that got her into, furthermore, come April, she'll have stepped aside.

Yes things have been hard, it's going to get harder till March 19 and the following two years. Do you think Trotsky red Corbyn can do any better, no chance. Him and McDonald will spend, spend, spend and financially crash the UK. Just remember what happened in 2010 when Labour left office and the UK on the brink of going bust. Have you not heard the same rhetoric from Labour that Corbyn spouted at his conference last week, it was the same that Milliband spouted and look how that ended.

Secondly, you can march as much as you like, their will be NO second referendum, it will not happen. In June 16 the people decided they wanted out of the EU, a decision made primarily I suspect on not being dictated to by Brussels, wanting control of the UK borders, reducing immigration (without which the UK will grind to a halt). The people made a choice and not realising the consequences of their action, Now the turkey is coming home to roost as you may say. People

now realise how much we rely on Europe and vice versa. The Government have been working to achieve the will of the people (badly at times and wasting time by Davis and Co).

Just because you don't like the outcome and are Finally realising what you voted for, you can't change the vote now. So as you said, march and shout as much as you like, it will make no difference. Guaranteed.

Oh and one final thing, it is highly likely the UK will leave with no deal.

dbboy Wrote:

>

> Just because you don't like the outcome and are

> Finally realising what you voted for, you can't

> change the vote now. So as you said, march and

> shout as much as you like, it will make no

> difference. Guaranteed.

>

> Oh and one final thing, it is highly likely the UK

> will leave with no deal.

Hope not dbboy!

The first People's Vote march made it onto most of the front pages. The idea of a People's Vote has gained a lot more traction since that first march - helped of course by the ongoing shambles, infighting and chaos that is our attempt to leave the EU.

Politicians are deeply affected by the public's mood, and public opinion is shifting as the facts become clearer.

At present there's no majority in parliament for a Chequers-style deal, or a No deal. And Canada plus is unworkable because of a) the border in Northern Ireland and b) the loss of manufacturing jobs in the UK.

The Tories won't call an election. So when the parliamentary impasse arrives, what's the alternative?

I thought the thing with a 'Blind Brexit' is that it's unknown what it entails deal wise, it's just a continuation of the fudge (in particular with the Irish Border) that was agreed last Dec. In theory it could get through Parliament as it still allows all sides to fight for what they want. But sounds like it's also high risk for the EU allowing UK to Brexit without knowing the deal. I think they would rather A50 was extended and Brexit only happens once a deal is agreed. Anyway, all will become much clearer in the coming weeks, about to hit the point of no return if A50 is not to be extended...

diable rouge Wrote:

> I thought the thing with a 'Blind Brexit' is that

> it's unknown what it entails deal wise, it's just

> a continuation of the fudge (in particular with

> the Irish Border) that was agreed last Dec. In

> theory it could get through Parliament as it still

> allows all sides to fight for what they want. But

> sounds like it's also high risk for the EU

> allowing UK to Brexit without knowing the deal. I

> think they would rather A50 was extended and

> Brexit only happens once a deal is agreed. Anyway,

> all will become much clearer in the coming weeks,

> about to hit the point of no return if A50 is not

> to be extended...

The Labour Party (for what it means) has specifically said it will vote no to a blind Brexit.

JohnL Wrote:

> The Labour Party (for what it means) has

> specifically said it will vote no to a blind

> Brexit.

True but wouldn't be enough on their own, esp with Hoey et al. The Tory rebels have proved they can't be trusted when it comes to the crunch e.g. the 'meaningful vote'. I can easily see them voting for further fudge.

Agree poch, but the goalposts have been moved so much by the Brextremists that No Deal and a hard deal like Chequers are now seen as the 'norm'...

Yep - the current 'norms' are the equivalent of an alternative universe in which a 52/48 split in favour of Remain sees Chukka, Chris Leslie etc telling the 48% Leavers that the only route forwards is to join the Euro asap.

March on 20th!

Resist the nutjob right!!

FreyaMikaelson Wrote:

> Labour has turned London into the Middle Eastern

> shit hole it is today. I can only imagine those

> who are voting to remain are supporters of

> terrorism & would like Sharia Law implemented into

> our society. Those voting to remain haven't got a

> clue what's actually going on in this country,

> because you get your opinions from the

> brain-washing lefty media.

I really wouldn't say that, is it just me who doesn't see this stuff and I'm always out in Peckham, Clapham, Camberwell, Waterloo and central London (out more than in LOL).

London is much much more peaceful than Swansea where I got into scraps regularly. Islamic people just get on with their own life mainly and don't forget there's 8 million people in London so when you hear things you have to bear that in mind.

On the 2nd August in the 'Punched and racially abused on Adys Road ' thread...

FreyaMikaelson Wrote:

> ... and for this very reason you should really

> report this attack, Cles. I'm so sorry for what

> you were put through. I can't believe it's 2018

> and racism is still going strong - specially when

> we are being faced with real issues that effect

> every human on this planet.

On the 4th October on this thread...

FreyaMikaelson Wrote:

My, even with online radicalisation, that's some turnaround...:)

FreyaMikaelson Wrote:

Ahahahaha!

Brilliant!

Triggered little snowflake...

Kindly provide coherent links to back up your argument, such as it is...

FreyaMikaelson Wrote:

Wow, my brother in law and his mates from Tamworth are now posting on this site. I've accused him of hate crimes, but give him his due he doesn't like browns, blacks and Eastern Europeans (and snowflakes) so he is an equal opportunity racist.

Can't wait for him and his clan to get Irish Passports being second and third generation. Tamworth is full of Brummies who had to leave due to Sharia Law - they are quite happy to tell me that. Fortunately most Brummies of any colour and background are nice tolerant people as you get in most cities.

And thanks for giving me the opportunity to have a go at him.

I always enjoy the way people who loudly proclaim the existence of Sharia law or ?Mosque Patrols? are completely unable to provide any evidence to back it up.

They remind me strongly of the bigots I heard in the 80?s. Some people always want someone to blame.

Haters gonna hate...

FreyaMikaelson Wrote:

The above the best possible promo for the March 20th October.

Brexit = illiberalisation of British Culture.

Love this -

Stars line up to pay for coach travel to Brexit 'people's vote' march

Delia Smith and Sir Patrick Stewart join political figures to help supporters get to London

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/oct/06/stars-line-up-to-pay-coach-travel-to-brexit-peoples-vote-march

That is how important it is to have a say in sorting out the quagmire the politicians have got us into.

diable rouge Wrote:

> On the 2nd August in the 'Punched and racially

> abused on Adys Road ' thread...

>

> FreyaMikaelson Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

>

> > ... and for this very reason you should really

> > report this attack, Cles. I'm so sorry for what

> > you were put through. I can't believe it's 2018

> > and racism is still going strong - specially

> when

> > we are being faced with real issues that effect

> > every human on this planet.

>

>

> On the 4th October on this thread...

>

> FreyaMikaelson Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Labour has turned London into the Middle

> Eastern

> > shit hole it is today. I can only imagine those

> > who are voting to remain are supporters of

> > terrorism & would like Sharia Law implemented

> into

> > our society. Those voting to remain haven't got

> a

> > clue what's actually going on in this country,

> > because you get your opinions from the

> > brain-washing lefty media.

>

>

> My, even with online radicalisation, that's some

> turnaround...:)

Ah but the Adys Road incident was black on white, clearly FM assigns that a somewhat different level of importance to his/her own white on brown racism...